• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Finally

Mirtek

Hero
Was the Great Weapon Master feat changed. Before it allowed you to add an additional weapon die of damage and add your strength bonus twice to damage for a -5 penalty to hit.
Actually in the playtest it allowed to roll the damage dice twice, not just merely add one more die

Daag

First Post
Was the Great Weapon Master feat changed. Before it allowed you to add an additional weapon die of damage and add your strength bonus twice to damage for a -5 penalty to hit.

When you drop a creature or score a critical hit, can take an extra attack as a bonus action, and -5 attack for +10 damage

Daag

First Post
I really want to ask about how the Sorcerer and Wizard's spell lists compare, but that's a lot of work. So instead, I'd like to know about the Sorcerer's Metamagic ability. How does it work? Is it daily or use Sorcery points? How many options are there?

With a quick glance at the spell lists I'd say there's a lot of overlap, but the wizard gets a few more utility things that the sorcerer doesn't, for example the Alarm spell.

Sorcerer metamagic uses Sorcery points that you use when casting a spell. For example, when you have spell that normally take an action, you can spend 2 sorcery points to cast it as a bonus action if you took the Quicken metamagic ability. There's 8 options for metamagic.

Vael

Legend
Thanks again for doing this.

So, here's a big one ... is Polymorph in the game? Other shapechanging spells outside of the Druid's wildshape? And how do they look, if they exist?

ETA: Because I've been lurking on the 2-Weapon fighting debate ... do any of the Battlemaster's maneuvers require two weapons? Do any maneuvers require specific weapons?

Last edited:

Remathilis

Legend
Which Pantheons are in the Appendix B? Any evil deities listed (Set, Lolth, etc)? Do they have any *special* domains? (IE not in the PHB like Death?)

Similarly, what's the Planes of Existence in Appendix C?

kerbarian

Explorer
Does the Sorcerer still have the "Twinned Spell" metamagic, and is it still worded such that it can be applied for free to cantrips?

That's one from the alpha that seemed concerning -- similar to Overchannel with cantrips, but available at level 3 rather than level 14. Though it probably still wouldn't get a Sorcerer up to the DPR level of a great weapon Fighter.

Remove ads