• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Finally

ZombieRoboNinja

First Post
So a blade-pact warlock can summon his melee weapon out of mid-air, gains automatic proficiency in it, and with the right incantations he gets two attack and adds his charisma bonus to damage? Plus a couple times per encounter you can lay the smack down with powerful spells?

Even assuming restrictions to keep this in line with clerics and others (for example, you probably need 5th level for the extra attack and maybe like 8th or 10th for the bonus damage), that is a super cool class.

As a side note, I just got my confirmation from Chapters that my order shipped, so that's good news. :D
That's excellent! Did you happen to have it in the same order as Horde of the Dragon Queen?

(I do, and I want someone to allay my nagging suspicions that the adventure is why I haven't seen any shipping confirmation for my own Chapters-ordered Player's Handbook yet.)

Daag

First Post
That's excellent! Did you happen to have it in the same order as Horde of the Dragon Queen?

(I do, and I want someone to allay my nagging suspicions that the adventure is why I haven't seen any shipping confirmation for my own Chapters-ordered Player's Handbook yet.)

No, I didn't include the Hoard of the Dragon Queen for that very reason. I didn't want to risk it.

ssvegeta555

Explorer
How do summoned monsters and animal companions work? Do they act independently or do you have to spend some of your actions to command them?

Daag

First Post
So a blade-pact warlock can summon his melee weapon out of mid-air, gains automatic proficiency in it, and with the right incantations he gets two attack and adds his charisma bonus to damage? Plus a couple times per encounter you can lay the smack down with powerful spells?

Even assuming restrictions to keep this in line with clerics and others (for example, you probably need 5th level for the extra attack and maybe like 8th or 10th for the bonus damage), that is a super cool class.

Lifedrinker is a level 12+ ability.

The warlock seems really versatile. You could focus on very different things, and have a different play experience. The difference in the patrons combined with the different pacts also seems well done. I came up with 5 different character ideas based on different combinations of pact and patron.

Last edited:

Psikerlord#

Explorer
Palladion and Daag - you dudes rock!! Thanks again for answering questions.

Can you tell us what the Warcaster feat does?

Cheers!

Sucks living in sydney right now, no book till 19 Aug, aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhh

Daag

First Post
Palladion and Daag - you dudes rock!! Thanks again for answering questions.

Can you tell us what the Warcaster feat does?

Cheers!

Sucks living in sydney right now, no book till 19 Aug, aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhh

- advantage on Con saves when taking damage to maintain concentration
- don't need a free hand for somatic components of spells
- cast a single target, one action spell instead of opportunity attack

Remove ads