• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Firearms Preview

One thing I try to make a note of is that some scenes really reward you for being stealthy, and firearms ain't.

Optimally, I'd like it if in a five person party there would be one person focused in guns, and the rest just have firearms for utility use. Guns would be a schtick, just like "bows" or "illusions" or whatever.

Colmarr

First Post
Yeah, the only problem though is that then they'd definitely be used for those Encounter and Daily powers that deal multi-weapon damage, which would increase the gap even more.

Bear in mind that (at least on my reading), it's +2[W] total, not per [W].

So a 1[W] power does 3[W] when using a firearm. A 4[W] power does 6[W], not 12[W].

Walking Dad

First Post
Is it intentional that the new previews are community supporter only?

I'm asking because they could be a good advertisement for the adventures, regardless if you got them as community supporter or buying them from RPGnow (as it is possible with the other APs).

Colmarr

First Post
They're not. They've been downloaded and commented upon by many non-subscribers in this very thread! :)

One of my players raised the same issue and it turned out that he was mistaking the "register for the forums to view attachments" as "become a subscriber to see the attachments".

FWIW, I assume there's something about the registration screen that's conveying that impression.

Walking Dad

First Post
I uploaded a screen shot of what happens when I try to access:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/attach...98491-firearms-preview-firearms_zeitgeist.pdf

as you can see, I'm registered.

160611231320_No_permission.jpg

Riastlin

First Post
Weird. Are you just clicking on the "PDF file" that's in his actual post in this thread? That's all I've had to do and haven't had a problem downloading the previews. I'm not a supporter (yet) FWIW.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
You're trying to download the copies in the subscriber content area (I added them there as well in case subscribers hadn't seen these threads).

There are copies in the threads in this forum, too. Download those ones.

Eccles

Ragged idiot in a trilby.
A thought has occurred to me and I don't really know the answer to it.

What skill does technology actually *use* in game terms?

I'm curious - don't really know whether we're going to the steampunk excesses of giant clockwork city smashing automata or stopping at flintlock muskets; either way if I want to go tinkering with clockwork, do I want to be a thief, or an arcanist?

Remove ads