First 2 8th level spells to take?

Are the Repair series of spells reverseable? If so I might suggest those, Great Shout also might be useful. Both are in Tome and Blood. From the PHB maybe Poly Any, Temporal Stasis could take a golem out of action, Iron Body as a buff...

Thullgrim

Sejs

First Post
Other than Summon Monster 8?

Mind Blank (quintessential buff) or Polymorph Any Object (amazingly versatile)

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Discern Location ... the evil sister of Mind Blank.

If your foe is hiding, you can find him and kill him. Quickly. Of course, Summoned critters do well against Golems.

-- N

KingOfChaos

First Post
As far as 8th level spells go, I would probably pick Mind Blank and Protection from Spells. You don't always need a combat spell whenever you gain a new level of spells. At your level, you should probably be developing your own spells anyway.

just__al

First Post
Nifft said:
Discern Location ... the evil sister of Mind Blank.

If your foe is hiding, you can find him and kill him. Quickly. Of course, Summoned critters do well against Golems.

-- N
Our party cleric has Discern Location covered. Mind Blank is definately on the short list now that I've read it.

Summon Monster 8 is a definate at this point.

Hmmmm, still a little stumpted. If our DM was more fond of throwing spell casters at us instead of monsters, I'd probably go with protection from spells. I never ever get to use my silent, stilled, dispell magic I don't know how useful it would be for this campaign.

KingOfChaos

First Post
just__al said:
Our party cleric has Discern Location covered. Mind Blank is definately on the short list now that I've read it.

Summon Monster 8 is a definate at this point.

Hmmmm, still a little stumpted. If our DM was more fond of throwing spell casters at us instead of monsters, I'd probably go with protection from spells. I never ever get to use my silent, stilled, dispell magic I don't know how useful it would be for this campaign.

Your DM isn't giving you any spellcasting enemies? Then, my friend, you could probably walk all over his game and he could do nothing about it :p Also remember that Protection from Spells protects from spell-like abilities of monsters too, not just normal spells cast by other spellcasters.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Jeremy said:
*looks at Nightfall* *looks at utter thrall* Ah well, I know what my favorite 8th level spell is... :D
Was thinking Mantle of Eregrious Might...but Utter Thrall is good too. ;)

Remove ads