First Full TITANSGRAVE Image!

Geek & Sundry has revealed the full artwork piece from Wil Wheaton's Titansgrave RPG show that I've been showing you parts of recently. The full image clearly shows the blend of sci-fi and fantasy. "Valkana is a broken and wounded world, a post-apocalyptic land of science fantasy that is so much fun to create and explore. I’m having a fantastic time imagining it, and I’m really excited for you all to come and visit, later this summer." The show premiers Tuesday, June 9th and will be shareable at places like here on EN World later that week.

Geek & Sundry has revealed the full artwork piece from Wil Wheaton's Titansgrave RPG show that I've been showing you parts of recently. The full image clearly shows the blend of sci-fi and fantasy. "Valkana is a broken and wounded world, a post-apocalyptic land of science fantasy that is so much fun to create and explore. I’m having a fantastic time imagining it, and I’m really excited for you all to come and visit, later this summer." The show premiers Tuesday, June 9th and will be shareable at places like here on EN World later that week.

TITANSGRAVE_1.jpg

Dahak

Explorer
Actually a little more interested after seeing this. I didn't quite realize how SF it would be, considering the core AGE book will be fantasy.

Von Ether

Legend
Actually a little more interested after seeing this. I didn't quite realize how SF it would be, considering the core AGE book will be fantasy.

Well, the set dressing for the core book is probably fantasy. But you can take every edition of D&D, and redress "magic" as psionics, "magic items" as "relics" and "dungeons" as "ruins," upon after which you can run a John Carter of Mars (Planetary Romance) Science Fantasy campaign.

borisjc10.jpg

Of course some editions would be easier than others and tweaking spell lists would help. In some cases, a Science Fantasy milieu would make more sense for a lot of our internalized RPG conventions --especially when it comes to D&D.

i.e., Random encounters in a healthy forest with wildlife that goes out of its way to keep attack humans instead of running away for easier pickings (like salmon in a river) vs random encounters with mutant creatures that live in a hostile desert where anything moving is meal that can keep you alive for one more day.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Looks like a ripoff of RIFTS.

Because RIFTS invented post-apoc and fantasy/sci-fi mashups?

If it's a "rip-off" of anything (and that's such a loaded term), it's of the exact things he says it is: Thundarr the Barbarian and Heavy Metal. Both of which, as far as I can tell, predate RIFTS.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads