First pic of Jared Leto's Joker

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
He looks lame. Like a gangsta Joker or a Bieber Joker. Maybe he'll grow on me... Maybe we should cut is face or splash it with acid.

zqKYfEg.jpg

http://comicbook.com/2015/04/25/official-look-jared-leto-as-the-joker-for-suicide-squad/

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

While chemical burns and mutilation are a part of the Joker oevre, we should be careful that we don't sound like we are suggesting doing things to the *actor*. Suggestions of violence to real people, even in jest, are not okay.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I can actually see the style change. This can't be Heath Ledger's joker - both because that Joker is *not* a team player, and, well, you don't try to copy a dead man's great performance.

Dog Moon

Adventurer

You know what I like in that link? One of them put up a picture of a bunch of people saying how they would never go see the Batman movie if Heath Ledger was going to be in it. They said his acting sucked, he sucked, how could he be Joker, etc.

And yet in the end, I thought his performance was absolutely amazing.

So I know this isn't quite the Joker I've always imagined, but I'm going to wait to see how he turns up in the movie before commenting too much. Although... I am worried that they are going to change the character too much, but it's hard to completely judge something without seeing it.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
The style change was inevitable, but is that Batman's greatest foe? The Joker is sinister, but it is his actions that made him look mad, not tattoos or his teeth. Right now it looks like he was design by someone out of touch with youth and doesn't get the character.

I'll see the flick, I just suddenly have doubts about it.

Remove ads