Fishing for Interest - FR/Planescape game

Ghostknight said:
Hmm, seems I missed the vot due to timezones.. Oh well. Anyways I agree with sticking to Enworld. The South African gateway is a tempermental thing and I like to stick to sites that I know work (hey, I'll follow the game if it moves but cannot guarantee a clean connection!)
I had enough people tell me yes that I just decided to go with it. :) I figured most everyone else would also be all for staying here (and I don't really want to move either, but I do find the faster board and email notification handy).

I should have everything set up and done by the weekend. :)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Piffle. I'm pretty sure I leveled her up, but I don't think I noted her level change on her sheet. Lemme rectify the situation.

I just checked, yeah, her stats were all leveled up an everything, but I had just not changed her level. Done now.

Keia said:
Fallen,

Durindal was thrown together rather quickly and I haven't had a chance to run all of the numbers (particularly the gold spent). I had built several psionic characters (2 psions, a psi warrior and a wilder), none of which I was particularly pleased with by the time I was finished. I tried a Rogue/ invisible Blade githzerai which looked okay, but, again, I had some trouble with.

Suggestions/Corrections are welcomed!!
Keia
Well, he looks okay except that the HP seem to be off. By my calculations, he should have 83. The magic items look fine, although see my next post about gold piece value of starting money.

Also, if you could move him to the Rogue's Gallery thread, I would appreciate it. :)

Last edited:

Starting Money & Questions

I have looked over all of your characters (I had planned to have it done by this just passed Saturday, but had a friend from out-of-town drop in). I have noticed that some of you only had roughly 80-83,000 worth of equipment. Since I don't know if this is by accident or design, and since I neglected to mention what the starting cash was in the game info post *smacks hand - bad DM!* I will let you all know that it is supposed to be 110,000. So, you can revise your characters or not, as you see fit.

Please note that I assign HP based on half hit die (2 on a d4, 3 on a d6, 4 on a d8, etc).

Also, on another note, I have the following notes about characters (I hope I got everything, my apologies if I did not):

~ Keia, see above post. :)
~ Paxus, what sourcebook is Kosji's patron Aasterinian in? I know I saw the entry before, but now I can't find it *I must be blind*. Also, for Kosji's Int, 8 points gets a 15 for a stat, not a 16. Also, from my calculations, HP should be 56. Also, looks like you didn't figure your +10 from Dex into your skills (I thought you might want to know that as the extra +3 might help). The Pearl of Cunning that you have in the EQ section, I will make a ruling to say that it either must occupy the headband magic item 'slot' or, to make it a non-wear location item (not occuping a magic item slot) the price will have to be doubled.
~ Cannibal Kender, Amara's Dex should be a 12 with 4 points. Also, your Con should be a 12 as well (6 pts = 14 - 2 racial). HP should be 39 by my calculations.
~ Isida, Quillia's HP should be 39 by my calculations. (Very detailed EQ list! :))
~ silentspace, Pumbar's HP should be 97 by my calculations. Xuxia's HP should be 66. Also, I don't follow the 'dismissable holy mount' rules in the PHB. That's your holy mount, he sticks around.
~ Ghostknight, Shariau looks good, although I would like a memorized spells list before we start. Also, you had some question marks for Ili'koa.
Create Ili’koa as per a character with a level adjustment of +2 (he doesn't have any racial HD). Thus, create stats using the same creation method as Shariau, HP using the same method as Shariau, etc. Character level will be equal to 11. The following are the racial abilities that Githzerai have: +6 Dex, -2 Int, +2 Wis. Medium Size. Speed 30 ft. Darkvision 60 ft. Automatic Language: Githzerai. Bonus Languages from Int: Common, Slaad, Undercommon. SR=class level +5. Psionics: 3/day: Daze, Featherfall, Shatter. Once he reaches 11 class levels, he can use Plane Shift 1/day. Effective caster level for all equals the Githzerai’s class levels, regardless of class. The save DCs are Charisma-based (10+level of power+Cha modifier). Use the spells in the PHB for the above powers.

Ili’koa also gets Inertial Armor (Sp): Githzerai can use psychic force to block an enemy’s blows. This ability gives them a +4 armor bonus to AC as long as they remain conscious. (This is the equivalent of a 1st level spell.)
His HP should also be 62 by my calculations.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know!

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Goddess - The reason I had 41 was because I did max hit points at first level. Are we not doing that in this game? If not I shall change it forthwith.

Also, what books are we allowed to draw items from?

silentspace

First Post
Goddess FallenAngel said:

Please note that I assign HP based on half hit die (2 on a d4, 3 on a d6, 4 on a d8, etc).

~ silentspace, Pumbar's HP should be 97 by my calculations. Xuxia's HP should be 66. Also, I don't follow the 'dismissable holy mount' rules in the PHB. That's your holy mount, he sticks around.

I see I'm not the only one who got HP wrong, perhaps others made the same mistake I did. I thought you were giving full HP for the first HD, then half HP after that. I see now that you wanted half HP for every HD, including the first. I guess its so standard to give full HP on the first HD that I (and probably the others) assumed that was the case. Sorry about that.

silentspace

First Post
Oh, and I have no problem with the mount sticking around. In my write-up I said Pumbar keeps him around as much as possible anyway. :) Of course, that does mean that Pumbar and Xuxia will have to keep Wigglesnout healed up all the time, but hopefully that shouldn't be a problem.

Cannibal_Kender

First Post
I should have mentioned that Amara has less money 'cause the Society of the Luminiferous Aether has a membership fee of between 10,000 and 15,000, plus an annual fee of 1,000.
The Society can be found in- In the Cage: A guide to Sigil.

Basically the Society has a large amount of arcane knowledge, as well as knowledge of the planes.

Tell me if this is ok- if it isn't I'll just spend the rest of my money on items.

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Goddess FallenAngel said:
Well, he looks okay except that the HP seem to be off. By my calculations, he should have 83. The magic items look fine, although see my next post about gold piece value of starting money.

Also, if you could move him to the Rogue's Gallery thread, I would appreciate it. :)

Changed hit points to 83. Moved to rogue's gallery. Still need to buy 24,000 worth of goods.

Remove ads