• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Flaws In Your Playing

Inspired by the "Flaws in your game", what are your flaws as a player?

Mine are:

1. I often lose my sheet.

2. I keep having to reread rules on abilities I should know.

3. I can be disruptive with my roleplaying, to the detriment of the DM's goal for the session.

Viking Kitten

First Post
No matter what class or race I start with, all of my characters eventually become Conan. Of course this usually leads to their quick death as they strive against impossible odds and never back down from anything. This is probably the reason I've never had a character survive past 5th level. :\

Vanye

Explorer
1) I used to lose my character sheet a lot. I finally started putting them all into one big binder, and I haven't lost any of them since (now I've done it....)
2) I need to roll dice in a session. I enjoy the roleplaying, but I enjoy combat too, and I prefer that the dice get thrown for action at least once during a session.
3) I get very impatient with rules lawywers and people who hog the DM's attention.

Menexenus

First Post
I sometimes take too long to decide what my spellcaster character is going to do in a round.

I don't roll all my dice at once (to-hit and damage).

On two occasions, I have had a character die because I forgot about one of his special abilities.

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
Surely my biggest problems are:-

1. Wanting to have my PC shine brighter than all the others, be the most notorious, most devious, most daring, or even most spectacularly dying! :D

2. Getting bored with investigation-based scenarios that go on for an extended period.

3. Too much sarcasm and puns at the table.

awayfarer

First Post
1: I just can't do simple math. +1? +2? Screw it, I don't know.

2: I have memory like a sieve. I frequently forget a characters abilities, negative/positive effects on them such as poison or buffs etc. I also forget rules pretty often.

3: I tend to overthink characters and it can take me an incredibly long time to settle on a character concept. Apparently the brain power that isn't being spent on my memory or math siills has been diverted to my imagination.

MonkeyDragon

Explorer
1. I forget things. Rules, effects my character is under, what just happened....

2. It takes me a long time to decide what to do, or which spells to prepare.

3. Sometimes I make pretty tactically unsound decisions.

4. Even when I put thought into a character's personality, they all wind up acting somewhat the same, making decisions in a similar manner, being friends with the same players' PCs no matter what they're playing, etc. Part of this may be that much of our group does the same thing, to some degree or another.

5. DM trust. When a DM I trust and like is running the game, I have a great time. When the game is being run by someone who's DMing I don't care for, everything irritates me, from the stuff that actually IS unfair, to the stuff that wouldn't bug me if a trusted DM was doing it.

Moon-Lancer

First Post
I have a very limited number of archtype charicters I'm willing to play.

Every charicter has to have some tie to nature (class or story)

I get anoyed when i see other people not playing with the rules the way i think they should be played, but usaly i say nothing.

I dont like to compeat with the dm, but i like to powergame.

I get anoyed fellow players who make it hard to roleplay.

I have an ultimate weapon complex, (although now i balance it with wealth levels and rules of the game)

sometimes when i level i forget to update my entire sheet, so i shaft my hit or my damage.

Remove ads