• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Flaws

cuteasaurus said:
I guess I was thinking more like "curious." As in she'd be inclined to explore a new cave, without first thinking she should go back to base camp and get some rope?
That sounds like a decreased Wisdom to me. Take Pathetic and decrease your Wisdom by 2.

The_Universe

First Post
If you want that to be a flaw, then I think Liz is right. Just take Pathetic Wisdom and call it good, as there really isn't a clear stat or skill to represent forethought or memory (as those are attributes that the game leaves largely to the player). However, as with impetuosity, curiosity is not necessarily a flaw (though it can certainly be made one).

The_Universe

First Post
cuteasaurus said:
Yeah, I'm gonna scrap that idea too. Shesh, all that work for nothing. ;)
Just so we're clear - do you currently have a flaw (and the attending extra feat)? We might have talked about this at some much earlier point, but if we did, I totally forgot. Flaws are supposed to be taken at first level, but I might have told you (and then spaced it off) that it was OK to wait in your case.

Thought this little blurb might be useful while discussing flaws... :)

Character Creation Rules said:
4) Choose flaws and/or weaknesses. Players must choose one flaw or weakness for their character at the time of character creation. Characters may choose up to two (it is strongly suggested that you avoid more). For each flaw or weakness chosen, characters will receive one additional bonus feat, to be chosen from the list of bonus feats available to their class.

Flaws may be found in the D&D supplement Unearthed Arcana. Custom flaws will be assessed and allowed (or not) on a case-by-case basis.

If a character does not have a flaw, a single ability score must instead be set below 10. No additional feat will be granted in exchange for this alternate weakness.

Laurel

First Post
The_Universe said:
Open Book
You take a -6 penalty to Bluff and Diplomacy checks.
Is this the custom one you have Liz?
I remember you had one that delt with Cha bonus things, but couldn't remember it exactly...... Brain is already on vacation :)

Laurel said:
Is this the custom one you have Liz?
I remember you had one that delt with Cha bonus things, but couldn't remember it exactly...... Brain is already on vacation :)
Yeppers, it is.

If you take a penalty to two cha-based skills, you need a -6 to each.

The_Universe

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
Yeppers, it is.

If you take a penalty to two cha-based skills, you need a -6 to each.
Right. Basically, because it's easier to "cover" for not having high charisma-based skills in a group- or team-based game, charisma based skills have to be further penalized than some of the other skills that everyone needs for them to work properly. It's discussed to some length in a sidebar in Unearthed Arcana.

Remove ads