• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fleshing out a Temple of Kord

fnork de sporg

First Post
So my dwarf guy just became the popularly elected head of the city's temple of Kord, making him the spiritual leader of the kordites (Kordians?) the dwell there. IE, the dm gave me leadership.

So I know that the temple has a lot of weight-lifting training and equipment and that they stage a lot of World's Strongest Many style feats of strength. And that somewhere near 80 people live there full time, one of whom, the former leader and my new cohort, is a high level bard.

But beyond that the place is a complete blank slate. And to be honest I don't know that much about the worshippers of kord. There's not a lot about them in any of the books I own.

So I'm open to suggestions. I'd like it to have more character than just the NPC barn.

cmanos

First Post
Kordites....love the smell of them in the morning.....

I'd think it would be very spartan. Not a lot of fru-fru decor. Big open air wrestling arena like what the Greeks used, weight lifting equipment, offices for the trainers and nutritionists, smoothie bar, sauna, hot tub....both used to 'heal' muscle strains.

p.s. My Cleric of Kord created potions in the form of wooden sticks that needed a strength check (DC = 10 + level of spell) to use. He figured you needed to prove your strength before receiving the blessings of Kord. The wizard hated me....

johnsemlak

First Post
There's a map of a sample Temple of Kord in the 3e Dieties and Demigods. It might be in the art gallary for that product on the WotC site.

francisca

I got dice older than you.
Well, I'd detail the construction so that it was clear it was a brute force design. No elegant arches or flying butresses to distribute the load. Just big, thick columns supporting a gird of adamantine steel, which supoorts a grid of stone slabs (marble, for instance).

Wolf72

Explorer
diaglo said:
i know the Kordites are health conscious but still i don't think they need to worry about losing weight. :lol:

it's not the weight they're concerned about it's the percentage body fat ;)

I think you should have a small gym with a wrestling matt ... where they all hum "Eye of the Dragon" (spoof survivor's 'Eye of the Tiger') while a match is going on.

... and a boxing ring too!!!

Just go to a Gold's gym for ideas :p

sorry, you can get back to your regularly scheduled thread now

Sejs

First Post
For some reason I see it including both a Rock of Shame, and a Rock of Victory.

There should also be an attached baths and kickass locker room.

Oh, and very little nudity taboo Both genders. Nothing inherrantly sexual about it, mind you. More along the lines of greco-roman wrestling kind of nudity.

There might also be some sort of attached educational facilities as well. Kord's all about strength; strength of body is important, but strength of mind should not be ignored. The unbalanced scale cannot weigh, after all.

...probably less nudity involved in the educational areas, though.

Sejs

First Post
Oh, yeah - nearly forgot: Kordians? Kordites? No, no no. Not nearly primal enough. Not nearly strong enough.

Sons of Kord!

Daughters of Kord!

It's saying "Oh, you follow some namby-pamby teachings and moral lessons, huh? Good for you, Captain Noodlearms. Me, my dad's a god, and I'm totally living up to his image. Yee-haw".

It practically oozes buffness.

*nod*

Remove ads