• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

FLGS in Bloomington-Peoria IL area

johnsemlak

First Post
I was just visiting my hometown (Normal, IL, former home of GDW) and saw that the local FLGS--Adventureland, which I had visited since I was a laddie, wasn't there :( Has it moved (I hope so)?

Otherwise, I would appreciate good recommendations on FLGS in the Bloomington/Normal/Peoria area. I've been to the Game Room in Washington, IIRC. That's a great store. Any others?

Last edited:

vulcan_idic

Explorer
I went to college there (IWU) up through 2000, I remember we always went to a place over on the ISU campus in Normal, Galaxies or something I think it was called. I remember the first time I got there I thought I was in the wrong place because from the outside it just looks like a computer/computer game store, once I walked in though I was in heaven - it was only about half a computer store, the rest was all hobby gamer (RPGs, CCGs, minatures, etc.) and it was quite well stocked - the best I'd ever seen until I went to Biloxi, Mississippi in fact.

Greatwyrm

Been here a while...
Daedalus said:
Beyond Eternity is a good place for old/OOP stuff...

Slight correction. Beyond Eternity was a good place. Sadly, it closed earlier this year. As far as I know, the Game Room in Washington is the only place anywhere near Peoria. I don't get over to Bloomington often enough to know if there's a game shop left there.

johnsemlak

First Post
Champaign, Illinois (about 45 minutes away) has three. I can give you the run down, if you're interested.

R.A.
THanks, but I probably can't get that far. My brother just finihsed this spriing at the UofI and I used to visit him often, but he's moved away.

I'm staying with my parents in Mackinaw (Tazwell Co), so Chambana is a bit far. Sounds like you guys have great flgs though.

Last edited:

johnsemlak

First Post
vulcan_idic said:
I went to college there (IWU) up through 2000, I remember we always went to a place over on the ISU campus in Normal, Galaxies or something I think it was called. I remember the first time I got there I thought I was in the wrong place because from the outside it just looks like a computer/computer game store, once I walked in though I was in heaven - it was only about half a computer store, the rest was all hobby gamer (RPGs, CCGs, minatures, etc.) and it was quite well stocked - the best I'd ever seen until I went to Biloxi, Mississippi in fact.
Well, I just went to a place called Galaxy of Heroes on the ISU campus at it didn't have any RPG stuff, mostly comics and some minis.

vulcan_idic

Explorer
Sorry I can't remember the exact name, it's been to long, I could still probably go right there, I just can't tell you what it's name was.

Chambana's good (my hometown) too bad it's too far for you. (Off tpic a bit - rogueattorney - Is Fantasy Realm on campus still going strong? That used to be my favorite! What are the other two? I stopped looking once I found that place because it had all I needed.)

Mackinaw, eh? One of the people I graduated from IWU with was from there. Last I heard she was down at one of the SIU's studying law. I'll have to write her an email...

Anyway, getting back on track, hope you find a good one. If you do let us know what it is, I'm sure I'll be passing through B/N occassionally in the future.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads