• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

FLGS List for London & England

cthulhu_duck

First Post
Is there a good list of FLGS in London and England anywere on the web that anyone knows of?

Failing that, any recommendations of 'must-visit' stores? Particularly ones with decent stashes of OOP material?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
What, the whole of England?

Presumably the implication is that you (I see you're in NZ) are planning on being in the UK at some point. Where will you be, and maybe people from that area can narrow it down a bit.

If you just mean London, I know there are a few posters from there, and I'm sure they'll chip in. I'm in Southampton, so I don't know if that'll be of any use to you, but Hidden Fortress in East Street isn't too bad.

cthulhu_duck

First Post
Morrus said:
What, the whole of England?

Possibly - I thought I'd cast my net wide to begin with. I'm much more likely to buy OOP material when travelling overseas than currently available stuff (which I can order through the local or a nearby FLGS) - so if there was a particular store in some English location that could had a good OOP RPG selection in England, then I'd look into what else was in that city and see if I could justify visiting.

Morrus said:
Presumably the implication is that you (I see you're in NZ) are planning on being in the UK at some point. Where will you be, and maybe people from that area can narrow it down a bit.

At this point, Bristol, London and Southampton (is it one h or two?) are definitely on the list, but there are other places that we may or may not visit, depending on time and responses from friends and family.

Morrus said:
If you just mean London, I know there are a few posters from there, and I'm sure they'll chip in. I'm in Southampton, so I don't know if that'll be of any use to you, but Hidden Fortress in East Street isn't too bad.

Thanks Morrus.

There's always the Orc's Nest, between Seven Dials and Shaftsbury Avenue in London.

There's another game store just south of the British Museum, with a nondescript name someone else will remember.

Sidekick

First Post
Kia Ora Cuz :cool:

Here in London they've got three stores that I know of.

Playing Games (near the British Museum I think)
Orcs Nest (which some one else has already mentioned)
Forbidden Planet (near Orc's nest I beleive)

The Orc's Nest is okay & I ususally go there due to its ease for finding & that they ususally sell stuff a little bit cheaper that RRP (£18.99 RRP turns into £17.99, etc)

Good luck with the travelling dude. Oh and I hop you get your food-speel-movie cycle in sync for the flight over. If not its a real drag...

Hawklord

First Post
haakon1 said:
There's another game store just south of the British Museum, with a nondescript name someone else will remember.

That'll be Playin' Games in Museum Street - RPG stuff is in the basement. Did have a fair few OOP books last time I was in there (couple of years ago).

There's Caliver Books here in Southend-on-sea, they used to have loads of OOP stuff, but in the last few years they've thinned out their RPG stock and mostly concentrate on military history and re-enactment stuff. Might be worth checking out though.

cheers

Goblyns Hoard

First Post
Locations of the London Games Stores for you... not really the expert on all of their content though Playin' Games does have some older stuff to browse through that might be what you're looking for

Attachments

• Central London Games Stores.jpg
    Central London Games Stores.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 80

Mark Hope

Adventurer
If you are anywhere near Cambridge, check out Gamers in the nearby town of St. Neots (west of Cambridge along the A428). A great little store with a great little stash of OOP material (some on the shelves, some out back - the owner usually doesn't mind if you have a rummage).

There is a Forbidden Planet in Cambridge itself, but it's hardly worth a visit as its selection is very poor. Unlike the Forbidden Planet up in Newcastle, which has an awesome game section - but that might be a little out of your way...

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
The problem with Orcs Nest is that they seal everything in plastic bags.

As a result I've transferred my affections to Playin' Games which has everything open to browse (and seems to have a wider selection too).

Forbidden Planet only has a very small selection.

Cheers

Remove ads