• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fling Ally from Races of Stone

Cthulhudrew

First Post
I've got a question about how this feat works- the description basically seems to imply that it is only useful for, say, tossing an ally across a chasm or simply an empty square (if the square you throw them into is occupied, they fall prone in it). However, the picture (and the "Fastball Special" sort of concept) would seem to lend itself to other uses- such as throwing a comrade at an ally.

How would that work, exactly? Would the throwee/thrower have to delay their actions (one or the other) until the same time, and then the throwee would essentially be making a charge (and possible overrun) attack? Or would it be a free action on the part of the throwee?

Any ideas?

Zandel

First Post
Now are you talking about throwing a friend at another frind who is trying to catch them?

OR

Are you talking of throwing a friend at an enemy and having the friend attack?

mr_outsidevoice

First Post
The thrower or the thrown would have to delay until the same initiative. The thrower then uses his actions to toss his buddy. His buddy then gets to act where ever he has landed. I don't know if the thrown has a full round or just a standard action. The thrown does not provoke any Attacks of ooportunity during his flight. I gues everyone is going "Damn, that guy just threw a halfling at my buddy. I wasn't expecting that."

Remove ads