• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Flip mats?

Glade Riven

Adventurer
I picked up Bandit's Fortress, and it's nice. The ability to use and remove permanent markers is a major plus - then again, I'm an artist with marker blender/extender and that liquidated the permanent marker marks instantly.

I am thinking about spending a few bucks on the roll of gridpaper Paizo has now..

Hyabus

First Post
I just like the lay of the conflict map. I fits my campaign right now...
HangingKeeperkeep.jpg

I bought it from the conflictbooks.com webstore. Its bigger then the flip maps too.

Aus_Snow

First Post
Hm. Spam? Mrh, perhaps not. Either way. . .

I still use my plain square/hex flipmat for just about all the games I GM (and that's not just d20 stuff, suffice it to say.) Awesome product. :cool:

Atavar

First Post
I've had problems getting them to stay flat. I've tried laying them out with books stacked on them to flatten them before the game, and it mostly worked, but even then they would want to un-flatten as the game went on.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to handle this?

Thanks,

Atavar

Holy Bovine

First Post
I was pretty 'meh' about the flip mats at first...until I saw you could draw and erase on them! Now I am actively hunting them down around town and will probably order some online. I am really looking forward to the 'Prison' map next month (I think).

The_Gneech

Explorer
I have the Theater, Cathedral, and Ships maps, and like them quite a bit, even though I haven't had immediate use for the first two yet. I do recommend that you roll or hang them up a day or two before your game, to get the creases to calm down a bit.

-The Gneech :cool:

Jeff Wilder

First Post
I've had problems getting them to stay flat. I've tried laying them out with books stacked on them to flatten them before the game, and it mostly worked, but even then they would want to un-flatten as the game went on.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to handle this?
They're designed to be counter-folded. This won't hurt them. Simply bend each fold in the opposite direction and crease, and you'll find the flip-mat lays flat just fine.

Twowolves

Explorer
I have the City Market map, where the reverse is just cobblestone street. Brilliant! Combine that with other Map Packs and that Streets of Shadow map tiles set from WotC and I can set up nearly any city encounter you like. Unfortunately, the only map with a generic green side is OOP, the closest being the bandit outpost reverse, so doing wilderness scense the same way isn't as easy. BUT they are releasing a new "woodlands" map this fall, and they already have a snowfield, a desert, open water (reverse of the ship mat), wooden floor (theatre reverse) and soon will have a swamp mat. And the price is right, so it's super simple to have a good, detailed and markable map for very very little.

(And many Pathfinder Society scenarios are written with specific maps in mind, so it's now win-win-WIN, if you are into that sort of thing.)

falcarrion

First Post
I just received the Arena, Cathedral, and the dungeon. The Arena I'm a bit disapointed I was hoping the battle floor area was bigger. Three rows of seats is just one row too many. The Cathedral is just fantastic. The dungeon is just was I expected. Over all I'm pleased with these maps.
To get them to lay flat I put a piece of plexiglass over it. This will flatten it out and protect it at the same time.

Remove ads