• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Floyd Landis tests postive again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystery Man

First Post
Piratecat said:
Anyone who uses a comma in "RPGs" and forgets that "weight" is an exception to the "i before e" rule is...

err...

...watching too much sports. :p

Yeah I do that all the time, old football injury. :eek:

DaveStebbins

First Post
KenM said:
I admit, the friends I gamed with have talked about other people to make ourselves fell better, everyone does that.
And if gamers could beat people up and get away with it, they would too.

Jocks get to do this and feel superior because they are in better physical shape. Gamers put people down with wittier remarks and get to feel superior because they are clever. Do you really see THAT much of a difference?

KenM said:
Thats one thing, its another thing when I personally see jocks beating up and screwing with other people because they want to feel better. Thats where my hatred of sports and jocks come from.
Meh, I left that grudge behind in high school.

-Dave
"The grudge you hold on to is like a hot coal that you intend to throw at someone, but you’re the one who gets burned." --Siddhartha Gautama (c. 563-c. 483 B.C.) Founder of Buddhism

Last edited:

KenM

Banned
Banned
DaveStebbins said:
And if gamers could beat people up and get away with it, they would too.

Jocks get to do this and feel superior because they are in better physical shape. Gamers put people down with wittier remarks and get to feel superior because they are clever. Do you really see THAT much of a difference?

Yes, because most jocks don't 'get' that you are putting them down with a witty remark. But everyone understands it when you get the crap beaten out of you and the parents, school, authorties do nothing because its the football team.

Ralts Bloodthorne

First Post
KenM said:
Yes, because most jocks don't 'get' that you are putting them down with a witty remark.
You just HAD to catch my attention when I'm in a mood like this, didn't you Ken? You have all the self-preservation instincts of a meth'd out lemming driving a racecar.

I was a jock. Cross Country, Track, in HS. In the military, I was football, Combat Crosscountry, and LDC. I could probably bench as many pounds as you could cram cheetos into your yob.

And I've got college degrees in such esoteric and "nerd" studies as Computer Science and Electonic Engineering.

I love your assumption that jocks don't understand whatever drivel you manage to get past your pouting lower lip. That the clever comment you spent 2 days thinking up and waiting two weeks to get to use is going to go un-noticed is the hieght of arrogant elitist crap that floats around many hobbies, from knitting to RPG's, to hamster stuffing.

You go on and on about how your lack of understanding of how society works makes you a better person, and know you want to knock people who use the gift's genetics gave them to excell, or at least participate in, an activity that results in sweat, bruises and laughter?

What's so holy about RPG's over sports?

Because you use your brain? So what. Ever try to memorize a play? Ever spend 2 days going over a course so you know where you can slow and where the footing is tricky on the corners? And I'm not talking on the way to 7-11.

Just because you play a game that relies on imagination doesn't make you special, more elite than anyone else.

And certianly bragging about mental superiority because of game whose primary math function is ADDITION is not something I'd recommend.

But everyone understands it when you get the crap beaten out of you and the parents, school, authorties do nothing because its the football team.
Oh B ant-fragging S.

I went to school in the bad old days, KenM, back when a fight was just "boys being boys" and going to class with a black eye and bloody knuckles wasn't a big deal, and there wasn't hordes of football players lurking in the hallways to destroy everyone who didn't have a 2" thick frontal skull plate.

You get beat up nowdays, and someone gets charged with something. Even in elementary school, fighting is not allowed, and all sides get busted.

Quit snivelling about things, grow the hell up, and get a life.

KenM

Banned
Banned
Warlord Ralts said:
You just HAD to catch my attention when I'm in a mood like this, didn't you Ken? You have all the self-preservation instincts of a meth'd out lemming driving a racecar.

I I could probably bench as many pounds as you could cram cheetos into your yob.

What's so holy about RPG's over sports?

Because you use your brain? So what. Ever try to memorize a play? Ever spend 2 days going over a course so you know where you can slow and where the footing is tricky on the corners? And I'm not talking on the way to 7-11.

Just because you play a game that relies on imagination doesn't make you special, more elite than anyone else.

I really don't care how much you can bench. Does not effect me in the least. When have I ever said RPG's are better then sports? I have never said that or anything like "I play RPG's so i'm beter then everyone else". All I'm saying is with what happened to me when I was younger made my have a distain for all sports and jocks in general.
If you go out and win the super bowl or win the team event at gencon, does not make you any better then anyone else. But society thinks one is more important then the other.

Dinkeldog

Sniper o' the Shrouds
Looks like we're done here. I'd like to thank everyone that didn't make sweeping generalities and attempted a civil conversation. Maybe in a few days we can try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads