• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

FMA PrC

zypherillius

First Post
I wasnt sure what catagory to put this under besides in here, but here we go anyway.
im not sure how many of you guys are anime fans, but ive been trying to develop a PrC class using the alchemy style of edward and alphonse einrich out of fullmetal alchemist. does anybody know of one already existing in d&d, or somebody created one that i could look at?
any help would be appreciated!
oh, and another n00b question, but what does BBEG stand for? :heh:

SorvahrSpahr

First Post
BBEG - Big Bad Evil Guy

about the class. dunno what to do, try making it a spellcaster, only being able to chose spells of transmutation. but I'm no class expert

zypherillius

First Post
thanks guys!

AZNtrogdor said:

heres what i was shooting for, same concept, just a different idea. making it into a PrC that adds arcane spellcasting levels along the way.
so i think id take his 20 levels, cut it down to 10, nuke the bonus feats, make it a d4, lessen the transmutation availability, but keep the transmutations known, think that would make it fair? if not, anybody have any other ideas?

thanks! :)

Taraxia

First Post
You can achieve a similar flavor (though, obviously, not identical effects) in Core by being a Wizard who takes Conjuration and Transmutation as his schools. Drop Evocation and Enchantment to represent things that, IIRC, alchemists can't do in FMA. (Or drop Necromancy to represent the forbiddance of human transmutation.)

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Taraxia said:
You can achieve a similar flavor (though, obviously, not identical effects) in Core by being a Wizard who takes Conjuration and Transmutation as his schools. Drop Evocation and Enchantment to represent things that, IIRC, alchemists can't do in FMA. (Or drop Necromancy to represent the forbiddance of human transmutation.)

I don't know if I'd drop Evo. If you remember the one officer [can't BELIEVE I can't remember his name... :(] who could snap his fingers and create fire. If one person can do that and blow things up, I don't see why others couldn't exist who do the same thing.

moritheil

First Post
Dog Moon said:
I don't know if I'd drop Evo. If you remember the one officer [can't BELIEVE I can't remember his name... :(] who could snap his fingers and create fire. If one person can do that and blow things up, I don't see why others couldn't exist who do the same thing.

Roy, the Flame Alchemist? That could easily be done with conjuration spells.

Remove ads