• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Fond Memories of ENWorld and the 3E Launch

w_earle_wheeler

First Post
I remember it too. I had a different username then, lost to ravages of time and space -- a password floating aimlessly in some forgotten e-mail address.

Irda Ranger

First Post
Orcus said:
This 4E launch thing all seems somehow strangely familiar...
Familiar, yet different too. I liked the 'personal' feel of Eric's back then. Both EN World and Wizards have become a lot more 'pro' (in the online sense) since then.

But it's all good. I'm here for the news and discussion, and EN World is even better at delivering that now.

DaveMage said:
Yeah, it was an exciting time back then....

...I wish I felt the same way today.
Yeah, Dave. We all know how you feel. Was there any particular reason you wanted to post that comment here, other than to dampen the enthusiasm of the rest of us? I'm excited about 4e, and I know a lot of people here are. Even many who aren't "excited" are at least engaged in discussion, instead of merely complaining.

My Mom used to say "If you don't have anything helpful to say, better to say nothing at all." It was good advice then, and I wish more people on this board would live by it. Just how I feel.

Orcus

First Post
Dont flame our boy Dave. I was reminiscing. He was too. He has a different feeling from me. No big deal. He wasnt being nasty. Sure he may be playing the role of "Debbie Downer" for 4E, but the man has a right to do that :)

Clark

PS--I dont know what's wrong with me today. I'm in a fiesty mood. Thus the Erik Mona thread. :)

TavernBrawler

First Post
Irda Ranger said:
Yeah, Dave. We all know how you feel. Was there any particular reason you wanted to post that comment here, other than to dampen the enthusiasm of the rest of us? I'm excited about 4e, and I know a lot of people here are. Even many who aren't "excited" are at least engaged in discussion, instead of merely complaining.

My Mom used to say "If you don't have anything helpful to say, better to say nothing at all." It was good advice then, and I wish more people on this board would live by it. Just how I feel.

Well, DaveMage's comment was not truly a threadcrap, but an honest opinion. Now, if Dave argues the point with the intention of arguing for arguing sake, that's different. I think he just wanted to say he wished he felt the old excitement.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Irda Ranger said:

I think you've put your own spin on my comments.

I really *do* wish I was as excited as some of you are (and as I was 7 or 8 years ago). But, I'm not.

Irda Ranger

First Post
Orcus said:
He wasnt being nasty.
No, he wasn't. That's true.

TavernBrawler said:
Well, DaveMage's comment was not truly a threadcrap, but an honest opinion. Now, if Dave argues the point with the intention of arguing for arguing sake, that's different. I think he just wanted to say he wished he felt the old excitement.
Yeah, but this wasn't the first time I've seen him (and others too) make comments like that that didn't really offer anything to the conversation. It was a "three strikes and your out" mood that made me make the last comment.

Orcus

First Post
Well, thats fair. Dave has been decidedly anti-4E.

But this was a "looking back fondly" thread, he simply wasnt as moved by the spirit of the times as I am to gladness :)

I echo Erik's sentiment: in looking back, lets all find a way to enjoy our game of D&D whether we are excited for 4E or not.

I personally am geeked and spent all day working on a new free adventure called Winter's Tomb that we will be giving away a la Wizard's Amulet at the very first second we are legally allowed to.

Clark

TavernBrawler

First Post
Orcus said:
I personally am geeked and spent all day working on a new free adventure called Winter's Tomb that we will be giving away a la Wizard's Amulet at the very first second we are legally allowed to.

Sounds awesome, want to drop any hints about it? :)

AllisterH

First Post
Heh.

Glyfair is doing a wonderful job and I'm open to WOTC revising the game. As for remembering the old days, *HEH*, trust me, there were detractors on rec.games.frp.dnd

Moon-Lancer

First Post
well i started with 3.5. (i did play some hero quest a long time ago though). So this 4e thing for me is probably what 3.0 was for you.

Over all I'm exited. I just am very fearful for the druid, and weather or not its going to be in the srd. Its presence is key to some of the projects i have brewing. I would like to have a standardized druid, but if it comes down to it, I'm ready to make my own druid, that would most likely be very different from a phb2 druid or something... I like to reuse stuff as much as possible to make it easy on the player, but druids are just too cool to not have in a setting.

and YES I'm going to ask about druids in ever 4e thread i can until someone dishes out some cold hard info. !!! :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads