Food, Energy, Waste

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Well that was dogmatic given the context here. I'm not talking with scientists, about actual science. I'm playing "Bill Nye" here.

If I'm talking to scientists, about science, I don't have to mention that a single trial doesn't mean much.

Given the state of science education and reporting, it is often more important to repeat some of the basic things, rather than less. Otherwise we get people thinking that Mythbusters is how normal experimental science is done.

Point taken. I did, after all, go googly earlier in this very thread about science and the media.

I was treating this as more of a "among friends" thing than "for public consumption" thing.

Oliden

First Post
if somone has asked this question before pls tell me when I took physics in highschool when we learned energy converstions I always wondered what happen's to the left over potential energy a person doesn't use what happen's to it?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
if somone has asked this question before pls tell me when I took physics in highschool when we learned energy converstions I always wondered what happen's to the left over potential energy a person doesn't use what happen's to it?

The chemical energy stored in food? This isn't really about physics, but biology. If you take in calories, you either burn them, excrete them, or they become fat.

Remove ads