• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

For Anime Fans-Your ideas about an "Anime Tarot"

Merlion

First Post
YourSwordIsMine said:
I gave this some more thought.

The Lovers:

If you wanted to go with the Marseille tradition of having 1 male and two females then there is only one that comes to mind.

Kasuga Kyosuke, Ayukawa Madoka and Hiyama Hikaru from Kimagure Orange Road.

I know you can’t throw a rock without hitting a love triangle in Anime but this was always one of my favorites.

The Wheel of Fortune:

My choice here would be Lachesis, Clotho and Atropos from Five Star Stories.

Ooo...Five Star Stories is on my Netflix queue, this makes me want to see it. I wish there was a dubbed version..

YourSwordIsMine

First Post
Merlion said:
Ooo...Five Star Stories is on my Netflix queue, this makes me want to see it. I wish there was a dubbed version..

FSS I do not think would work well dubbed.

In all honesty Five Star Stories has always been a personal favorite of mine. The movie is really beautiful; there just isnt much to it at 66 minutes long. Would have been a wonderful jumping off point for an anime series... it just never happened.... I own the first 3 manga and got translations for them finally (mid 90s; anime/manga stone age). The story is really good; I would definitely recommend it to anyone. I only just found out today the manga has been released in English. I am going to have track them down for sure. Its funny, my sister is a big FSS fan as well and she doesnt like anime all that much and detests mecha shows even more. FSS she adores; even bought the movie on DVD when it released in the States.

I better stop now before I geek out even more. hehe

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads