• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

For Baseball Fans - Outfield Collision

DarrenGMiller

First Post
I am a fan of the NY Mets (have been since I was old enough to be a fan of anything... blame it on my parents). They had an awful collision in the outfield last night. I can only hope these to players are okay (Mike Cameron and Carlos Beltran). Here is a link to the video. I have never seen anything like it in over 30 years of watching baseball games.

DM

fett527

First Post
Yeah, I saw it this morning on CNN. Worst baseball collision evar! Even worse than Rose bowling over Fosse in the '70 All-Star game since both of these guys went to the hospital.

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
I heard about this, but I'm avoiding watching the video - it sounds bad enough. And there go the Met's (slim) wild card hopes.

eabha

First Post
I can't believe I watched!

Might be the ugliest thing I've seen on a baseball field since Moises Alou injured his ankle back in '93.

Hope everyone's okay.

devilbat

First Post
Beltran is sore and dizzy, Cameron suffered a "concussion that was characterized as slight, multiple fractures of both cheekbones and a broken nose."

I'm amazed Beltran wasn't hurt worse then he is. That was awful.

Wyn A'rienh

First Post
Okay, I'm not a baseball fan at all. I opened this thread thinking "okay, they ran into eachother ... how bad could it be?" ...

Holy bad. Ouch.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Ouch! I hope everyone is OK, but I feel a little guilty that one of my first thoughts about this was about the fact that Beltran is on my fantasy baseball team :eek:

Remove ads