For More Than Glory (Emiricol's Campaign)

evandariel

First Post
Sorry guys. I'm doped up on darvocet I just woke up. They had to do surgery to remove an embedded wisdom tooth sideways tooth, mind you). I slept all day. Sorry about the game, it totally slipped my mind. see you guys next week.

Zildrax

First Post
I might not be able to play this week...I'll come by if I can, but if everyone is there but me, start without me. Try not to get me killed. *winks*

evandariel

First Post
Session recap: The group continued to advance upon the giant lying in wait among the rubble of a landslide. As the group closed to within a hundred feet of the creature, Valdir attempted to scale the cliff face and find a vantage point from which to assault the giantess. Quick to react, a boulder knocked Valdir flying from the rock face. A well placed spell from Fleck then held the giantess stock still, immobile, and Zerash and Drack closed quickly. Unfortunately for Drack, the giantess managed to break the hold of the spell before he ascended the rubble, and he was greeted by her waiting arms. Struggling for a moment, he broke free, only to find three gorgons, hellbulls as Drack put it, staring him down. He took the only opportunity to flee that presented itself. Meanwhile, Fleck, unsure what was conspiring behind the pile of stone and debris, flew to a vantage point over the rubble, flinging spells as he did so, and Zerash created a barrier of blades to protect Drack from pursuit. What seemed to be a life saver for Drack ended in a horrible miscalculation, as the giantess, with no way after either Drack or Zerash, mounted the rubble herself, throwing herself and her axe at the only creature within range: Fleck. Valdir managed to release a heart-stopping barrage of arrows as the giant finally showed itself, however it was not enough to stop the brute, and Fleck fell from the skies in two pieces. Zerash and Valdir, both in a state of shock and anger, finished the frothing barbarian within moments. Thereafter, Drack and Zerash managed to bring down the sole gorgon left on their side of the barrier of whirling blades, and Valdir began to pick off the other two with his bow. Desperate to attack, the gorgons moved up and down the barrier for many seconds, one now nearly dead from arrows from above. With a final effort, the two breathed noxious fumes, which wafted through the area and through the blades before them to cover Drack and Zerash. Drack coughed most of the poison from his mouth and was unaffected. Zerash was not as fortunate, and before Drack's eyes his skin transformed into a stoney color and texture. Valdir finished off one of the gorgons, and the other charged through the barrier, injuring itself but unable to trample over the warrior Drack. It was quickly dispatched. Now the two remaining companions must decide what to do, with both cleric and mage gone, trapped behind enemy lines.

Memnus

First Post
OpenRPG update: 1.7.1 is much, much closer to what I've wanted OpenRPG to be for a while. It has undockable windows (no more compromising between chat space and map space), a plugin to support global variables (no more having to remember bless bonuses), and actually runs on the most recent version of Python and wxPython. The autoupdater doesn't work, so I had to do a fresh install. It kept my game tree but deleted my preferences, which were easy enough to replace.

Probably won't be updating the server for a bit yet, though. I'll reply to the session recap on the tavern thread.

firehorse

First Post
Sorry guys... Came down with the flu and I'm too sick to DM. Hope you get this before you reschedule too much. See you next week.

Memnus

First Post
Server's up. If it's not showing on the meta, try going for knuth-dot-cs-dot-hmc-dot-edu:6774 directly; if that doesn't work either email me so I know. I'm seeing it fine.

Edit, because it makes more sense to say this here:

Well, it's end of semester, and here's my schedule:

This week and next week: I'll be present, but if I'm not working simultaneously I'm screwed.

30 April: Almost certainly here with no distractions.

7 May: 95% likely to be here.

14 May: 20% likely.

21 May: No chance.

28 May: 95% likely.

After that: regularly scheduled programming.

Hmm, it seemed worse than that in my head. But there it is: your advance warning that I'll be missing two weeks in May.

Last edited:

firehorse

First Post
Damn IRS...

Looks like we are not going to be able to reschedule the audit so I'm afraid I'll have to cancel the game tonight to finish up preparations. Sorry.

If America is ever given the opportunity to vote for a National Sales Tax....vote yes. :]

Remove ads