For More Than Glory (Emiricol's Campaign)

Crazy-San

First Post
I'm sorry for disconnecting again last night. I have work at 8:00 in the morning all week and my mom wanted to make sure I got enough sleep....so she took the power cord for the router and hid it......It's annoying when parents know just enough about computers to know what they need to run, but not how to fix problems themselves.

Steven7

First Post
If you hadn't disconnected, you would have moved out of the cluster$#@% that Ak'man, Szitha, and Szenthrass currently find themselves in correct? Because well... Mr. Cerys' lack of familiarity with Raletaus lead him to overestimate his fortitude and Raletaus may or may not have been caught in some friendly-fire and may or may not have been killed by it.

Also, DW
This is from the SRD under the spell haste.

All of the hasted creature’s modes of movement (including land movement, burrow, climb, fly, and swim) increase by 30 feet, to a maximum of twice the subject’s normal speed using that form of movement. This increase counts as an enhancement bonus, and it affects the creature’s jumping distance as normal for increased speed.

and this is from Fly

The subject can fly at a speed of 60 feet (or 40 feet if it wears medium or heavy armor, or if it carries a medium or heavy load). It can ascend at half speed and descend at double speed, and its maneuverability is good. Using a fly spell requires only as much concentration as walking, so the subject can attack or cast spells normally. The subject of a fly spell can charge but not run, and it cannot carry aloft more weight than its maximum load, plus any armor it wears.

So it is my belief that haste stacks with fly and always has. Though you can run at 60 feet around and fly at 90 feet.
Again, magic is magic and doesn't have to follow common logic or sense or physics.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Yeah, Crazy-San... Raletaus got blasted by Cerys using a Cone of Cold and sent into negative HPs.

And Cerys/Steven7, I did allow it to stack. My thought process was going on "order of effects," as Haste was cast first and Fly was not in effect. Had you cast Fly before Haste, I wouldn't have had a problem.

Crazy-San

First Post
Just so everyone knows I just moved into my college Dorm today and the internet is not working...they want to register MAC Addresses and such I guess, so I may not be able to make it to Monday's game. If I'm not able to make it and Raletaus doesn't you know die, his general strategy is to try and stay near the back, will attack Giants first, and then focus on whatever he considers the current highest threat, unless there is something that is a huge threat and needs to die first, in which case he will attack that target first.

Last edited:

Akman

First Post
I forgot to mention last night: I will not be able to make it next Monday. Ak'man's c-sheet hasn't changed since the last time I sent it to DW, with the possible exception that he has a ring of evasion now, and 3 potions of healing (3d8+5).

firehorse

First Post
If we want to try using maps and minis and don't want to deal with the OpenRPG mapping, RPTools has an excellent program called MapTool. The also have a lot of tokens we can use as minis on either, but MapTools is more stable and easier to use.

RPTools - Home

It can also be used as a replacement to OpenRPG, but it would take a bit of work to redo all the characters as tokens. If I could start over, I would be using MapTool for everything.

Steven7

First Post
I don't believe I'll be able to make it on time this coming Monday, I'll try to get out as early as possible, but I'm going to be working late regardless. By late I mean, quite late, I might be able to make the last hour, might not.
Let me know if you need me to log in and send you an updated node, I don't know if you have one or not.

Steven7

First Post
My coworker is still super ill so we're all having to pick up the slack on his shifts. I'll likely be able to catch the last hour-half hour of the game on monday, but again that's about it.

Steven7

First Post
I hate to say it but it looks like I'm going to be working this coming monday night too. If things keep going this way, I may simply be forced to withdraw from the campaign. I honestly really truly hope this is not the case since even though I have mentioned that I'm semi-probably planning on retiring Cerys I had hoped to play something else and stay in the game.
I will keep you posted on whats going on.

Remove ads