• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

For the Greater Good - Full

Hesseroph

First Post
Enter Hesseroph: Angry fuzzy monkey!

~~~Yeah no worries... I say it all the time and as to this day... have only lost two characters since 1994. So in one decade I lost a 5th level fighter to a 300 foot fall (After my party killed the thing floating down this giant hole with me hanging underneath it... stupid party) and a 6th level rogue from a very angry adult white dragon (after I was hit by its breath weapon three times indirectly... stupid thing never saw me too!) both in the Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil.
~~~Anyone who knows that setting knows you fly through characters quite quickly. But yeah... I've said it a bunch of times... No worries... We'll be fine! :]
~~~As for the plan... I was thinking if we all play it real cool we should be fine... Success follows thoughs who are flexable enough to grab opportunity. A little follow the leader and trust in the party, we will come out on top!
~~~Anywho, if we do play our cards right we will be able to wipe this whole place out, one piece at a time.

doghead

thotd
If its ok with you Iseda, I think a little discussion would be a good thing here. I've been through the ic thread once when I was preparing to take over Sylinda, but its a bit fuzzy. The characters have been travelling for a week, but I'm still trying to sort out whos who and does what.

I do remember that we had to avoid killing the Baroness before we had retrieved something. Her soul I think, which is in the hands of a demon?

Half of the party is bound and acting as captives as a way of getting everyone inside. The plan after that was to 'improvise'.

Like a couple of others I think, Sylinda is basically following the 'captors' lead.

the angry fuzzy monkey said:
~~~1: Did we decide on a meeting point and if so where is it and why do we need it?
~~~2: Who is and who is not in chains?
~~~3: Who is to be the leader? It appears to be "Nightswallow" so I am atempting to somewhat defer back to her. But I was wondering if it was decided. (Makes a huge differance.)
~~~4: How nasty have these demons been and can we take a few down easily?
~~~5: Was there any plan of escape? If so, what is it and how will we go about it?

From Sylinda point of view -

1 - The meeting point was a place where we buried the statue, a little before we arrived at the first guard post.
2 - Norin (monk/saint) and Sylinda (druid) are in chains. Sebastian (paladin type) and 'Nightwing' (a redeemed infernal?) are not. The others I'm not sure of off the top of my head.
3 - There is none as far as I am aware. Not a good situation I think. Sebastian was initially quite determined to run it this way. Sylinda disagreed, but eventually stepped back. She felt it was better to have one clear (if flawed plan) than to risk confusion as to what was happening. At that point, to Sylinda it looked like it was going to be Sebastian who called the game plan.
4 - We ran into one bunch. They didn't seem easy, but it was before my time.
5 - 'Improvise' was the best we could agree on. There seemed to be a reluctance to consider the possibility of not being successful the first time.

BS - I did wonder if we were the ducks Iseda was lining up.

the head of the dog

Wrahn

First Post
Hesseroph,

You may want to look at Isida's Vile Darkness Rogues Gallery, looking for Aekir, my character. Our character's histories, at least briefly, are interconnected and it may become relevant here shortly.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Wrahn said:
You may want to look at Isida's Vile Darkness Rogues Gallery, looking for Aekir, my character.

If you don't want to see the other characters, for what ever reason, here a dirrect link: Aekir

I'll give 5 bucks to whoever kills him... That'll teach him to attack a young innocent girl. :p

Hesseroph

First Post
Enter Hesseroph: Once Frazzled now Informed Monkey!

~~~Ok I read up on that nasty guy. Not sure what history they had together... Should probably read all of Sebastions history then eh? :heh:
~~~Well seems like I have a bit of studing to do... Thanks for the input.

Remove ads