For the Greater Good - Full

Jaik

First Post
I'm running Darren, who is currently one of the "captors." He's trying to blend into the background and really hoping he remembered to bring his sap along. He's planning to take out as many guards as possible by surprise, then flank and subdual sneak attack the baroness. As an insight to his character, he's really not a very nice guy. He started out selfish and went downhill from there and is now trying to claw his way back to redemption. His feats represent Lliira supporting his effort, but he still tends to take a pragmatic view of things.

Storyteller01

First Post
I have Staeven, also a tied up member of the team. I'm running intereference for Darren (as well as helping him along on his path)

[I guess this is right. Fits the character description]

doghead

thotd
Darrens subdual attack is worth keeping in mind. A nice solution to the problem of not being able to kill the Baroness til her soul has been restored to her.

I run Sylinda, a druid, currently bound. She has sworn a vow of poverty giving her fairly considerable bonuses in lew of equipment that she can't have. So even unarmed she should be able to fight quite well. Taking animal form will also be an option as she can cast spells while in that form. A bear or wolf? A snake. Any suggestions.

Iseda - At one point I suggested binding her with her staff across her shoulders. Is she bound that way?

And would taking a weapon from a fallen opponent to fight with breach her vow of poverty? Even if it was to avoid having to touch undead (which goes against her vow of purity)?

Jarval

Explorer
Hi all, I'm back :)

And a specific hi to Hesseroph. Glad to see that Sebastion's with us again :)

I play Nessa, an Aasimar Arcane Disciple (the Arcane Disciple being a variant on the Cleric class with some arcane magic capabilities). Given her somewhat visible celestial heritage, she's another of the "captives".

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Yeah, if Sylinda was supposed to be bound that way, then she is. And taking a weapon to attack in a life or death situation doesn't violate the vow of poverty.

Lichtenhart

First Post
I play Saint Norin the Dawnkeeper, the character created and formerly played by Velenne, who is a monk that embodies the idaels of the church of Heironeus to the point they made a saint of him. He was once the son of a noble man, but he forwent all his possessions to stay true to his call.

doghead

thotd
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Yeah, if Sylinda was supposed to be bound that way, then she is. And taking a weapon to attack in a life or death situation doesn't violate the vow of poverty.
It was just an idea, and a bit of a gimmie really. To be honest, I can't really see how it could be effectively done as there is nothing on a staff to tie her wrists to. So its your call - I'm probably inclined to say forget it (unless someone can come up with a feasible way of doing it).

Can I just confirm that it is a new day since she last Wild Shaped (before we met the first guards and she got a beating).

I'm going to go over Sylinda's spells and try and get my head around them. But one question, what about spell components. Have they all been taken away?

doghead

Hesseroph

First Post
~~~Yeah dont worry too much about using a weapon to defend yourself. Dont forget you can use items that are not yours (ie Potions and Other things) so I assume you should be fine picking up anything as long as you dont keep it. Dont forget you can has as many normal simple weapons as you want.
~~~As for binding your shoulders, I dont see any way that could have been done unless we bound everyone the same way. So I dont know what you guys would have done.

Remove ads