For the Greater Good - Full

doghead

thotd
Isida,

Sylinda looks to me to have missed a turn (or more accurately, Aekir seems to have moved twice). Am I missing something?

* Aekir moved and struck Nessa.
* Nessa screamed (which Sylinda heard) and backed off.
* Aekir moved up to her again, Nessa got an AoO.
* Sylinda cast Flame Strike.

I thought I would post it up here to avoid clogging up the ic thread.

the head of the dog.

doghead

thotd
I'm still finding my way around 3.X. More often than not, when something looks odd, it's me thats missing something. I must admit that I find playing at this level a little scary (@.@)

I can't even begin to imagine the level of havoc epic level characters could create.

the head of the dog.

Wrahn

First Post
doghead said:
I can't even begin to imagine the level of havoc epic level characters could create.

Mostly they just argue about the rules.

I wasn't sure what had happened either, I think the end result of the what happened should have been...

Last Round
-Nessa casts her spell, Aekir moves
-Sylida has her action from last round (Nessa hasn't been attacked yet)

This round
-Nessa casts and Aekir disrupts, Nessa moves
-Later this round Aekir moves to follow, Nessa Misses her attack of opportunity
-Sylida cast Flame Strike where Nessa and Aekir was (which isn't illogical, there was no way for Sylida to know Aekir had held from the previous round and you couldn't see Nessa attack)

I apologize for not paying closer attention. Isida was distracting me with the Epic game :p

doghead

thotd
Hey, we have a lurker.

Wrahn said:
Mostly they just argue about the rules.

LOL.

I just had a look over the rg thread for the epic game. Wrahn, you character is (in the best possible way) completely mad. Str 60. More HP than I can count. After that I was so boggled I couldn't really take much more in.

Lovely descriptions and background work on all the characters I saw though. Its nice to see that it is not all about the numbers.

Isida. I'm impressed. I can't imagine how you would run such a game. It must get pretty ... random. I really should go and read the ic thread.

thotd

Wrahn

First Post
doghead said:
Hey, we have a lurker.

I have been following this thread since the beginning, I was going to try to join but Isida started her Vile Darkness game and I had always wanted to play a Soul Eater. :]

Anyway, as far as Rahveon goes, he is impressive, but despite everything, he is not the one to be concerned about.

I have played in an epic game or two in my time, the danger are the casters. Rahveon, despite his massive brawn can't compete with the Architect summoning a horde of Astral Constructs that are stronger than he is that continually change to meet the circumstances of the combat or Pilmer casting several spells a round.

Epic combats, in my experience, tend to be, well, Epic. I hope we don't have more than one or two, both for Isida's sanity and ours. I just prefer the epic, larger than life stories and if combats aren't that important, a good back story and "looking" impressive is more important than combat ability.

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
Hi everyone, I'm back, and I've got a few questions for our ever-patient DM:

1) Does Nessa know where Aekir is presently? If so, can she take a 5' step back from him without provoking an AoO?

2) Can you cast defensively when being threatened by an invisible attacker?

3) What spells does Nessa still have? I know she's cast purified sonicball, purified fireball and (unsuccessfully) magic missile, but I'm not sure what effect the negative levels will have had.

4) If the negative levels are removed, what is and isn't restored with them?

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
I need to edit the post, so lemme do that and then I can answer some of your questions better. But at the moment, you don't know where he is. If you know you're being attacked by an invisible attacker, then yes, you may cast defensively. You've cast only the three spells you mentioned, but the negative levels mean you lose your highest level spell I think. If the negative levels are removed, then everything comes back, I believe.

doghead

thotd
A Heads Up.

It looks like I'm going to be away from the keyboard for about a week. At this point looks like it will be from the 9th to the 14th of December. During this time I suspect that my internet access will be minimal.

Feel free to ghost Sylinda during this time as needed.

the head of the dog.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Hey guys, this final confrontation is taking a lot longer than I thought, so would you guys mind if I were to abstract some stuff to move this along quicker? There's one last big scene coming up, and I think I'd like to try to wrap this up before the New Year. Yay? Nay?

Remove ads