• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General For the Love of Greyhawk: Why People Still Fight to Preserve Greyhawk

For a while WoTC had exactly the guy - Erik Mona. You'd be hard pressed to find a bigger fan of Greyhawk who was also a top game designer.

Yep, and contributed to one of the best D&D books of all time: Fiendish Codex I: Hordes of the Abyss.

He really brought back the classic D&D/Greyhawk lore and vibe with that one.

I really wish he had been in on PF2 design (I do not reckon Jason Bulmahn, and actively avoid all Logan Bonner design/material).

Also @Paul Farquhar
It might be some later source, I think I can also remember reading him having some cleric levels somewhere.
I don't know, maybe I dreamt it, but I'm sure I saw him with cleric levels somewhere, and a reference to the story where he becomes a cleric (temporarily). I don't know where it could have been if not Deities & Demigods though. :unsure:

I don't know, maybe I dreamt it, but I'm sure I saw him with cleric levels somewhere, and a reference to the story where he becomes a cleric (temporarily). I don't know where it could have been if not Deities & Demigods though. :unsure:

Maybe a 2nd Ed iteration, I will check when I can dig in.

Deities & Demigods is my favourite D&D book of all time (of course the Cthulhu/Melnibonean one), but some of the classes and levels they assign to heroes is outrageous.

I mean Elric is: Assassin 10/Cleric 10/Druid 5/Fighter 15/Illusionist 10/Magic-User 19.

Ha, padding the job just to represent an ability, skill, spell or what-have-you.

Man, I love Jeff Dee's art.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads