• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

forcing over the edge

komi

First Post
Say I push someone over the edge, he saves and ends up prone in the square. If I have more push movement left, can I push him again?

From what I've seen, people seem to assume that once the target makes their save, the forced movement is done. This seems to assume that I have my final destination square in mind, and we resolve the whole movement at once.

What's wrong with assuming that each square of forced movement is resolved indivudually? Why can't I wait to see what happens on the first square of movement before I choose where the target goes next?

Mithreinmaethor

First Post
I would assume that you will find that once they make the save, from going over the edge or into a dangerous square, that any further movement is stopped because it becomes an illegal square per se. Just like you cant push a creature into another creature or into a wall space etc.

Just my thoughts on it.

underfoot007

First Post
Say I push someone over the edge, he saves and ends up prone in the square. If I have more push movement left, can I push him again?

From what I've seen, people seem to assume that once the target makes their save, the forced movement is done. This seems to assume that I have my final destination square in mind, and we resolve the whole movement at once.

What's wrong with assuming that each square of forced movement is resolved indivudually? Why can't I wait to see what happens on the first square of movement before I choose where the target goes next?

You assume that the target you were pushing can be pushed while prone. maybe you could kick him.

you could assume he maded his save each other time you try to push him.

Syrsuro

First Post

From what I've seen, people seem to assume that once the target makes their save, the forced movement is done.

We are 'assuming' this to the case, because the rules explicitely state that this is the case.

Page 285, PHB, under Falling * Catching Yourself (continued from prior page)

"The forced movement ends."

Carl

komi

First Post
You assume that the target you were pushing can be pushed while prone. maybe you could kick him.
From the PHB Update:
"[While prone] you can teleport, crawl, or be forced to move by a pull, a push, or a slide."

you could assume he maded his save each other time you try to push him.
You could assume that, but why would you? Where's the rules justification for this? Would you assume that if someone missed on an attack, they miss all other attacks that round?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads