• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Foreign Language Forums?

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
There are few chileans and argentinians I know of and, except for Brazil, south america speaks spanish. Same forum would support european spanish and mexicans too.
NOTE: apologies to any people I got wrong national name for then, english is not my first language either

LightPhoenix

First Post
My suggestion would be to look at the data on who is coming to the site and choose the language based on that. This fairly recent post provides some starting points. It looks like, despite what posters in this thread have said, German would be the appropriate language to trial. If you're dead-set against it, Italian and Portuguese would be appropriate choices as well.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
There are few chileans and argentinians I know of and, except for Brazil, south america speaks spanish. Same forum would support european spanish and mexicans too.
NOTE: apologies to any people I got wrong national name for then, english is not my first language either

Spanish does seem like a good candidate - most of a continent plus a European country. Isn't it one of the most spoken languages in the word? (I would guess at the most being Chinese, but I don't know for sure).

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
39. Zagreb 2,365
26. Croatia 2,816

This is a surprise. I know we have active gaming community and I realize this doesn't represent number of people, but visits, but even assuming 2 visits a day (which is probably too much for most) it's over 1000 players. I'll have to ask around :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
39. Zagreb 2,365
26. Croatia 2,816

This is a surprise. I know we have active gaming community and I realize this doesn't represent number of people, but visits, but even assuming 2 visits a day (which is probably too much for most) it's over 1000 players. I'll have to ask around :)

That was over a month. 2800/30 days = 93 visit a day. At 2 visits a day, that's 45 people, not 1000. :)

PowerWordDumb

First Post
Soon as some find their moon-language is officially welcomed in any corner of the site you'll have them posting in crazy moon-language in the middle of threads anywhere on the site. Mark my words.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Soon as some find their moon-language is officially welcomed in any corner of the site you'll have them posting in crazy moon-language in the middle of threads anywhere on the site. Mark my words.

We'll make it clear what the rules are. And we have moderators.

Greylock

First Post
I'm hoping to bring two-Spanish speaking players into our game, to actually participate and not just wander around the edge [one is a fiance, the other is a girlfriend]. Most of us already have memberships here, so that familiarity and comfort is already there. Both women would benefit from this idea.

Remove ads