D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

mattsmac

Villager
I love this idea, I've been adding my own custom tab to track gold and xp, rather than using the full adventure log. One suggestion though, rather than using pages, why not just have one endless length list?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using EN World mobile app

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
It is essentially and endless list (well a least to the number of rows in Excel 365). I've arranged the print areas to print a certain size, hence the pages (all 24 of them). I've started with 499 lines but can easily expand that - any suggestion on required number of lines - the more lines the larger the file becomes so its good to limit the total entries

mattsmac

Villager
Makes perfect sense, thanks! One more suggestion. Can the totals at the top of the page map to the experience and coins on the main character sheet so they stay in sync? I've been editing the main character sheet to link this in the current build.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Makes perfect sense, thanks! One more suggestion. Can the totals at the top of the page map to the experience and coins on the main character sheet so they stay in sync? I've been editing the main character sheet to link this in the current build.

Yes, there will be a way to link this using a named variable. Even in the current sheet this is possible with named variables

=AdventurerLogCurrentGold

The below takes the current GP total and splits it by PP,GP,EP and CP values. You can then use these values in the coinage section on the Start sheet to automate this on CSII (and weights etc.)

=AdventurerLogCurrentPP
=AdventurerLogCurrentGP
=AdventurerLogCurrentEP
=AdventurerLogCurrentSP
=AdventurerLogCurrentCP

As well as

=AdventurerLogCurrentXP
=AdventurerLogCurrentRenown

Using these variables in the Start Sheet for Experience and Renown can automate these values on CSI and CSIV.

Once the new design of the Adventurers Log is complete I'll rename these variables to AdventurersLogCurrentXXX

Last edited:

woodja

First Post
Forged - do the rows auto expand (or even manually expandable) if you want to put in more than two lines of text? Or are they fixed height?

SansMoins

Explorer
Decided to use the power of Excel for the Adventurers Log. This simplifies data entry immensely - the concept is to enter Adventure notes as the adventure progress and not really per session. In this design you can build the story line of events, track them, group and filter by adventure, session, DM etc and get subtotal and totals from the filters set. and you get a basic graph that plots the experience and level trend by session date.

This would replace the current log and it allows for easy data importing also. The current design has 24 pages (that can be filtered to hide - defaulted to 3 pages) or 499 entries.

Feedback welcomed as always!

View attachment 83637

I like the look.

I use the log sheet on all my characters (when I get to play). Is this more of a facelift?

Sent from my iPhone using EN World mobile app

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Forged - do the rows auto expand (or even manually expandable) if you want to put in more than two lines of text? Or are they fixed height?

They are set at a even height for pagination, you can get three lines of text in there, these are not merged cells but are individual cell so yes you can make them any height you like ;)

Having said that, the idea is to have enough space for each "encounter" detail or adventure note and not put everything in one cell for each session and use the filters if you want to review the session or session.

This tool does not directly support any magic items. You'll have to make modifications where applicable, using overrides where necessary. Most, if not all, needed overrides will be found in the Start and Spellcasting pages. If you are unsure about a particular magic item, post the details and somebody will probably point you in the right dirrection.

it is the "holy symbol of ravenkind" from the curse of strahd module.
It is basically an item with spells in, that don't need learning or use up spell slots. I have added them as custom spells, and made them all all cantrips as I found a way to add extra cantrips, but that doesn't work as really they need tracking separatly because they refresh every 24 hours, not after a long rest.

Remove ads