D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

smbakeresq

Explorer
Are you using the Weapon Proficiency selection in the right area? As the Stone Sorcery sub-class grants the expanded proficiencies you need to use the Sub-class area, not the Race area, to make these changes. Both of the Race and Sub-class areas allow for setting the weapon proficiencies, but they are not the same.

Ok, didn’t even see it over in the sub class area, I just used the ones right above the section where you arm yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World mobile app

Syn Dark

First Post
TYVM for this awesome spreadsheet! I have a question though.

Our DM has added a few Prestige Classes to our game. They are home brewed and specific to the game setting. Is there a way to add this type of information into the sheet? I had thought about using a sub class but there are issues with that because they are really not sub classes. So their HD isn't right, they don't get class features at the same levels, etc...

Last edited:

Conandar

Explorer
TYVM for this awesome spreadsheet! I have a question though.

Our DM has added a few Prestige Classes to our game. They are home brewed and specific to the game setting. Is there a way to add this type of information into the sheet? I had thought about using a sub class but there are issues with that because they are really not sub classes. So their HD isn't right, they don't get class features at the same levels, etc...

The prestige classes that I am aware of are a 3rd edition thing (and maybe 4th edition, but I don't know 4th ed. at all). They are essentially new classes with entry requirements preventing them from being taken at level 1. This program does not support 3rd edition data and it does not support custom new classes at all. This program is for 5th edition and only supports custom new sub-classes (and those with certain limitations).

Syn Dark

First Post
The prestige classes that I am aware of are a 3rd edition thing (and maybe 4th edition, but I don't know 4th ed. at all). They are essentially new classes with entry requirements preventing them from being taken at level 1. This program does not support 3rd edition data and it does not support custom new classes at all. This program is for 5th edition and only supports custom new sub-classes (and those with certain limitations).

Thanks Conandar. We are playing 5e rules and this is home grown so not official. Didn't know if there was a way to add that I just wasn't thinking of. Again, love using it and this one thing that is specific to a single game that is not official is totally understandable to not be able to be added.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Xanathar's

Hi -

I use this spreadsheet a bunch.

As such, next paycheck, I'll be donating to those who make this available - thank you.

But the meat of my question - someone posted up thread about Xanathar's and helping update the data to support the new guide.

I would be delighted and honored to help out with that effort.
Are you folks accepting aid of that nature?

Thanks,
Chris

wilcoxon

Explorer
There have been official items in the past that have be approved for use in AL (which mean we can still use them in our own games). However, they are still not published in any of handbooks, guides, manuals, supplements or companions.

Items that are on the WotC D&D Adventure League website are official material. Does that mean Forged has to sift through all of that material to find what needs to be added to the CS? My opinion is no. Just stick to published material.

In the end it is Forge's decision whether or not to have material added to the CS. So, like the multi-class issue, I will support Forge's decision in this matter.

Besides the Tortle, the only thing legal in AL that isn't published in a book is some additional backgrounds. Tortle *IS* officially published/released by WotC (it is just currently only available on DMsGuild via donation). The Tortle is no less WotC official than the races in Volo's.

wilcoxon

Explorer

There was a Rune Mage (or something like that) Prestige Class for 5e released in Unearthed Arcana but nothing official yet (so not supported in FA). It would not surprise me if some 3rd parties have prestige classes but I don't follow 3rd party publishers for 5e...

Conandar

Explorer
Whether or not the Tortle is considered WotC official and AL legal (it is both from what I have seen), it is ForgedAnvil's call to make to include it or not include it in his program. The indications are that he has gotten a lot more busy with other more pressing issues at the moment, so updating this program will have to wait.

It is an awesome free tool, provided on a as-it basis (my interpretation), and we can ask for things but FA is not obligated to add or fix anything he doesn't want to or have the time for.

Remove ads