D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Dannyboy7702

First Post
will this be getting sub classes update and spells from xanathar's guide to everything??

Short answer is.... yes. The long answer is, it will take time to fully integrate all of the data from Xanathar's Guide into the CS. Several other community members are assisting Forged but, it will take time. After it is finished and posted here, bugs will be found by community members, which will require Forge and the others to make updates.

Additionally, all 5E material that has been published by WotC can be found in the CS.

Art the DM

Villager
Best tool out there! I love this character sheet!

First off, as the title says, I love this character sheet. I am familiar with Excel and this thing must have taken months to build and program. I am completely amazed at the sheer vastness of options, nearly everything, that has been put into it. Thank you for the truly outstanding contribution. I do have a couple of questions, though:

1. Would it be possible to supply the info/password to unlock it for editing as there are just a few things I want to tweak for my own purposes?

2. If the above answer is no, would it instead be possible to unlock just the final character sheets and not the data entry pages, to allow for rearranging different elements on the sheet?

Last edited:

Dannyboy7702

First Post
First off, as the title says, I love this character sheet. I am familiar with Excel and this thing must have taken months to build and program. I am completely amazed at the sheer vastness of options, nearly everything, that has been put into it. Thank you for the truly outstanding contribution. I do have a couple of questions, though:

1. Would it be possible to supply the info/password to unlock it for editing as there are just a few things I want to tweak for my own purposes?

2. If the above answer is no, would it instead be possible to unlock just the final character sheets and not the data entry pages, to allow for rearranging different elements on the sheet?

1. Forged will not be supplying the password to unlock CS for editing. That is just how it going to be.

2. That is not gonna happen either.

Conandar

Explorer

The answer is no. ForgedAnvil has already been asked this question and he wishes it to remain protected. The Start, Spellcasting and Custom pages contain proprietary formulas and will remain password protected. The rest are either not protected at all (DesignSpace) or passwordless protected (Character Sheet I-V, Wild Shape, Character Summary and Adventurer's Log).

The password protected pages will remain that way. The rest can be tinkered with as you please.

KimoKhan

First Post
Bugs

A few bugs I found:
1. Human variant Tough taken at level 1 does not give you double your level hit points, yet when taken at 4th level or later it does.
2. Bard song of rest. When I put a bard to 5th level, my inspiration die went to d8, but my song of rest stayed at d6 when it should be d8.

Conandar

Explorer
A few bugs I found:
1. Human variant Tough taken at level 1 does not give you double your level hit points, yet when taken at 4th level or later it does.

I just made a Q&D Human (variant) 1 Fighter with all the stats set at 10 and the Tough feat. The Hit Point total for the class level is 10 and the total Hit Point value is 12 (10 base + 0 Constitution mod + 2 Tough), so it appears to be working to me. Tough adds 2 x character level, so the total added at character level 1 is 2. Furthermore, the hit point change is retroactive, so if the Tough feat is taken at character level 19 the hit point change will be +38 (2 x character level (19) = 38).

2. Bard song of rest. When I put a bard to 5th level, my inspiration die went to d8, but my song of rest stayed at d6 when it should be d8.

Inspiration and Rest do not change at the same time.
Inspiration die changes at level 5 (d8), 10 (d10), and 15 (d12).
Rest die changes at level 9 (d8), 13 (d10) and 17 (d12).

Last edited:

Remove ads