D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Dannyboy7702

First Post
Hi, i was wondering how to get the Hexblade to work in the character builder?

The Hexblade subclass for the Warlock is not available in V2.27, as it is a new subclass. It has just became available for use when Xanathar's Guide to Everything was released. Forged and several other community members are currently updating the CS to include the Warlock subclass "The Hexblade" (along with all of the other new material). But, there is not telling when the updated CS will be posted for use.

However, if you wish to utilize the Warlock "Hexblade" subclass, you will have to manually enter the information on the custom tab of the CS. The "Subclass" box is towards the bottom of the page. It is between the "Class Options" box (you can manually enter new Eldritch Invocations) and the "Spells" box.

malloc1024

Explorer
First off, as the title says, I love this character sheet. I am familiar with Excel and this thing must have taken months to build and program. I am completely amazed at the sheer vastness of options, nearly everything, that has been put into it. Thank you for the truly outstanding contribution. I do have a couple of questions, though:

1. Would it be possible to supply the info/password to unlock it for editing as there are just a few things I want to tweak for my own purposes?

2. If the above answer is no, would it instead be possible to unlock just the final character sheets and not the data entry pages, to allow for rearranging different elements on the sheet?

If you were really good with excel you'd know how to bypass password protected files... And just to prove to the sheet creator that I have bypassed his password lock, it's got a year in it followed by two symbols and some characters that all dnd players should recognize at the beginning.

For the record, no I won't be telling anyone else what it is, nor sharing the program to crack excel passwords. But I will tell you it can be done. Go learn VBA.

dunstvangeet

Explorer
If you were really good with excel you'd know how to bypass password protected files... And just to prove to the sheet creator that I have bypassed his password lock, it's got a year in it followed by two symbols and some characters that all dnd players should recognize at the beginning.

For the record, no I won't be telling anyone else what it is, nor sharing the program to crack excel passwords. But I will tell you it can be done. Go learn VBA.
The password can be bypassed easier than that by just opening it up as an archive (such as a zip file), rather than excel. It won't actually give you the password, but if you know what you're doing, you can edit the actual XML sheet that makes up the workbook, one of those represents the password. A hash of the password is stored in the XML file that makes up the worksheet. If you edit that particular XML tag, you can get rid of the password. Excel passwords are insanely easy to get around. VBA doesn't even need to be touched.

But anyways, there are no passwords on the final character sheets. All you have to do is goto the data tab, and choose "unprotect worksheet". Only the first three worksheets ("Start", "Spellcasting" and "Custom") have passwords on them. All of the others have no passwords on them, but have locked cells so that you don't accidently edit something important. Please be careful when you're fooling around with them. But you can make modifications to suit your particular needs. If you want to play around, I'd suggest that you do the Design Space to get it working properly.

ZaphodM2

First Post
Hi there, I must say that I love this tool, thank you so much for making this.

Now, I think I might have found a small bug, that slipped though.
this deals with the Monk class, A 1st level Monk has "Unarmored Defense: While you are wearing no armor and not wielding a shield, your AC equals 12"
So a Monk with a dex of 17 (+3) would have a base AC of 15 (Unarmored Defense 12 + Dex +3) The sheet is not picking this up and listing the AC as 13 (Base 10 + Dex). This is with or without the Armor and shield (section 10) being left blank or set to None.
I did not check this at higher levels, so it might work out at higher levels.

I hope this is a help to you and your great work.

Tozjia

First Post
Hi there, I must say that I love this tool, thank you so much for making this.

Now, I think I might have found a small bug, that slipped though.
this deals with the Monk class, A 1st level Monk has "Unarmored Defense: While you are wearing no armor and not wielding a shield, your AC equals 12"
So a Monk with a dex of 17 (+3) would have a base AC of 15 (Unarmored Defense 12 + Dex +3) The sheet is not picking this up and listing the AC as 13 (Base 10 + Dex). This is with or without the Armor and shield (section 10) being left blank or set to None.
I did not check this at higher levels, so it might work out at higher levels.

I hope this is a help to you and your great work.

Technically a Monk's AC is Base 10 + Wis Bonus + Dex Bonus. The Character Sheet adds the Base and the Wisdom bonus to give a new base (Unarmoured Defense). What is your character's Wisdom?

Conandar

Explorer
Technically a Monk's AC is Base 10 + Wis Bonus + Dex Bonus. The Character Sheet adds the Base and the Wisdom bonus to give a new base (Unarmoured Defense). What is your character's Wisdom?

Yes, as you said, the Monk's AC is Base 10 + Wis Mod + Dex Mod. In addition to that, on the Start sheet in the Section 10 area both Armor and Shield need to be set to None. If they are not set, the armor calculation will not work. Personally, I think the default for both should be None, but that is not my call to make.

Last edited:

Loren L Liberty

First Post
good evening everyone...im trying to add 2 subclasses from xanathars to my character and the trouble i am running into is at 3rd level the subclass gain multiple abilities i.e gloomstalker gets spells,dreaded ambusher, and umbral sight....how do i put them into the sheet (there is only one cell for 3rd level) so they are bullet pointed for each ability and how would i get the spells to actually show up? i tried the pull downs at the bottom of the subclass list but it didnt show them

Conandar

Explorer
good evening everyone...im trying to add 2 subclasses from xanathars to my character and the trouble i am running into is at 3rd level the subclass gain multiple abilities i.e gloomstalker gets spells,dreaded ambusher, and umbral sight....how do i put them into the sheet (there is only one cell for 3rd level) so they are bullet pointed for each ability and how would i get the spells to actually show up? i tried the pull downs at the bottom of the subclass list but it didnt show them

You may not be able to right now. XGtE's new classes do some things that we have not seen before, so the program needs to be changed to account for those changes. Those changes take time. ForgedAnvil had no more forewarning of these changes than anybody else did (as far as I know), so it will take time to get all the new information entered and the necessary changes made. Please have patience.

Conandar

Explorer
Im sorry if this question has already been asked, but is there any way to input a custom magical item?

This program does not supports magic item directly unless all it needs is an entry on CS2. All other magic items, even items that are official (from the DMG, for example), take more work. Most can be dealt with using modification to data on the Start page. This may be as simple as a +1 weapon (which will need an entry in the weapons area of the Start page, with the appropriate modifier). A Belt of Giant Strength would need the strength in area 1 of the Start page modified. More complex items will need multiple changes made. Magic items that have unusual powers that are not handled by tweaking numbers somewhere are handled the same way they are if you were using a pencil and paper character sheet - make a note somewhere such as CS4 or CS5.

Remove ads