D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Gratts

Villager
This is great news. The spreadsheet is a life saver with the new D&D club I have set up at school.

15 kids turning up over 3 days all wanting characters creating!! O.O

Liam Marker

First Post
I'm going start by saying you've made an amazing Character Generator

I was wondering if you could include the class: Mystic from unearthed arcana or make a custom class section as you have a custom section just about every thing else.

there's also the new playable race from "tomb of annihilation" the Tortle. I'm not shore when the Grung was added. but the Tortle and Grung being absent from the Character Generator isn't so bad because there a custom race section unlike the races

also i tried adding it as a sub-class for multiple classes but it didn't work out. so if you could ad a custom race section or ad in the mystic class or both that would make your alredy amazing Character Generator even better

I'm also awere that you have a lot on your plate with all the new sub-classes at the moment so i understand these changes probably wont come any time soon if at all

thanks in advance (regardless of the outcome)

Conandar

Explorer
I'm going start by saying you've made an amazing Character Generator

I was wondering if you could include the class: Mystic from unearthed arcana or make a custom class section as you have a custom section just about every thing else.

there's also the new playable race from "tomb of annihilation" the Tortle. I'm not shore when the Grung was added. but the Tortle and Grung being absent from the Character Generator isn't so bad because there a custom race section unlike the races

also i tried adding it as a sub-class for multiple classes but it didn't work out. so if you could ad a custom race section or ad in the mystic class or both that would make your alredy amazing Character Generator even better

I'm also awere that you have a lot on your plate with all the new sub-classes at the moment so i understand these changes probably wont come any time soon if at all

thanks in advance (regardless of the outcome)

The subject of adding custom classes is a Frequently Asked Question, and in short the answer is No.
The Tortle has been brought up also, and because it is designated officially playable race it will be added once ForgedAnvil has the necessary details.
I am not sure about this "Grung"...if it is official or the necessary details if it is designated as official. If it is official I am sure it will be added after the necessary data is obtained.
Unearthed Arcana material is play test material, not official material, and will not be added. The Mystic is still Unearthed Arcana material, so No, it will not be added.

For all of these: if you can make them work using the available tools already provided, have at it!

FA, the author of this program, is not connected with WOTC in any official way that I am aware of, and thus has the same sources as (most of?) the rest of us. He is also very busy, and this program is a hobby, not a job.

Patface

First Post
Hi FA, I've been following this along quietly for a while now, I'd love to try and contribute to this as well in what capacity I can.
You've mentioned you could use help with adding the spells, I would just like to clarify if this is best achieved simply by adding them to 2.27 Custom sheet under the spells section for any that have changed from their UA descriptions?

I'd love to help but don't want to just waste your time by providing you something you can't use!!

Thanks

Conandar

Explorer
As the program does not contain any UA material, besides examples already in the custom sheet, just changes from that UA material would not be very helpful. That being said, I imagine that entering the new spells into the 2.27 custom page and forwarding them to FA would be useful.

Liam Marker

First Post
The subject of adding custom classes is a Frequently Asked Question, and in short the answer is No.
The Tortle has been brought up also, and because it is designated officially playable race it will be added once ForgedAnvil has the necessary details.
I am not sure about this "Grung"...if it is official or the necessary details if it is designated as official. If it is official I am sure it will be added after the necessary data is obtained.
Unearthed Arcana material is play test material, not official material, and will not be added. The Mystic is still Unearthed Arcana material, so No, it will not be added.

For all of these: if you can make them work using the available tools already provided, have at it!

FA, the author of this program, is not connected with WOTC in any official way that I am aware of, and thus has the same sources as (most of?) the rest of us. He is also very busy, and this program is a hobby, not a job.

thanks for the info.

Last edited:

Conandar

Explorer
thanks for the info. as for the Grung here is a link for a pdf called "one Grung above" it looks pretty official to me but I say for shore https://rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/Rulebooks/Supplements/One Grung Above.pdf

Code:
ONE GRUNG ABOVE
By Christopher Lindsay
Author and Director of the Grung Preservation Society
Disclaimer: 
Outside of a certain surrogate character, [I]this document in no way makes grung a legal, playable race in the D&D Adventurers League, or any other campaign[/I] where the Dungeon 
Master hates amphibians with an excess of apostrophes in their names... and yes if you’re not immune to poison and you must touch the grung to heal it... you get to make a saving throw.

Seems to me that the fine print on the opening page says it all. Despite the author's connection to WOTC, Grung are not playable in any official game. While this program is not limited to D&D Adventurers League legal material, it is limited to material designated as official WOTC material. The WOTC copyright at the end does not make the material official.

Last edited:

Remove ads