D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Paladijn

Villager
I noticed that in version 2.27, the pull down lists for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd spell levels are not long enough if you have more than 2 spell casting classes.
As an example if you have a Wizard (6) and cleric (4)

The second level spells ends prematurely at Spiritual Weapon, instead of showing at least to '--------------CUSTOM--------------'
This seems to be the only spell level that ends abruptly.
Spell level 1 has 1 positions remaining and spell level 3 has 4 positions remaining.
These are very close to ending abruptly if any additional spells are added they might not show up
With the addition of the spells from "Xanathar's guide to everything", this problem will likely cause even more lists to stop abruptly.

Thanks for the great work so far and I cannot wait for the release with the additional information from Xanathar.

Conandar

Explorer
The material from XGTE is currently being added, so this issue may already have been addressed. The spell caster page contains enough space for any single classes current spells, but multiclass characters may need to limit the spells listed, perhaps with only spells currently prepared/memorized. Another option to consider is using high level spell slots that a multiclass will likely never see. Though the dropdown list for that area will not show any spells but spells of that level, entering the name of any spell will work there, and the override can change the title of each list. The space issue has been brought up before, and FA is aware of it.

Hope this helps.

cowmark67

First Post
First off, love the program. It has made making a character so smooth.

I know it takes time but I was wondering when all of XGTE will be added? My group starts playing at the end of January and I want to play a Hexblade Warlock but it is not currently available to create in version 2.27. Will it be available by the 20th of January or should I just pen and paper it?

KimoKhan

First Post
"cowmark67 - Today, 04:00 AM

First off, love the program. It has made making a character so smooth."

Plan on Pen and Paper and hope for the best. He has a lot of work to do on his own free time.

Question to others: I have a Valor Bard level 10. I get Magic Secrets and choose Fireball and Scorching Ray. Both below 5th level, but when I try to add them to my spell list they do not show up in the drown down list. If I choose cone of cold it does show up as a 5th level spell, but fireball will not show up as a 3rd level. I can manually type in fireball and it works, but it is not in dropdown as I expect.

Am I doing something wrong?

"cowmark67 - Today, 04:00 AM

First off, love the program. It has made making a character so smooth."

Plan on Pen and Paper and hope for the best. He has a lot of work to do on his own free time.

Question to others: I have a Valor Bard level 10. I get Magic Secrets and choose Fireball and Scorching Ray. Both below 5th level, but when I try to add them to my spell list they do not show up in the drown down list. If I choose cone of cold it does show up as a 5th level spell, but fireball will not show up as a 3rd level. I can manually type in fireball and it works, but it is not in dropdown as I expect.

Am I doing something wrong?

On the spellcasting tab, look on the left side under the heading "BARD MAGICAL SECRETS" and select your spells here. This will add them to the normal drop downs on the right for the appropriate level.

KimoKhan

First Post
On the spellcasting tab, look on the left side under the heading "BARD MAGICAL SECRETS" and select your spells here. This will add them to the normal drop downs on the right for the appropriate level.

That is what I am talking about, that works fine for Lore Bard, but no so well for Valor Bard. I choose fireball there but it does not show up in my drop down. I choose cantrip there and it does not show up in drop down or as extra cantrip. (VALOR only) If I choose my 5th level magical secret as a 5th level spell, only then does it show up.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
That is what I am talking about, that works fine for Lore Bard, but no so well for Valor Bard. I choose fireball there but it does not show up in my drop down. I choose cantrip there and it does not show up in drop down or as extra cantrip. (VALOR only) If I choose my 5th level magical secret as a 5th level spell, only then does it show up.

Thanks, fixed in v1.28

Remove ads