D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

thomas74

First Post
Change / Clear Arcana from the Start sheet under Expertise

The reset option apparently doesn't clear this expertise.

Other bug I noticed, if multi-classing into Ranger, Sorcerer, or Warlock (single classed characters seems fine), the pull down to select the subclass does not show the available options, but typing it in will select it as normal.

Thank you for your work, it is much appreciated.

EDIT: this is in reference to the new beta sheet.

EDIT2: Also apparently if multi-classing into Paladin, the subclasses of Vengeance and the Ancients don't show up but do show up if the character starts as a Paladin at level 1.

Last edited:

tclayton

First Post
This is really minor, but Fast Hands shows under the Actions list in 2.27 instead of under bonus actions for the Thief archetype. It would be nice if the bonus actions could be broken out for use and object, thieves' tools and slight of hand. Sorry if I'm missing something. Like I said, this is minor.

Revaros

First Post
Another minor one for the 2.28 beta -> Hexblade patron does not give proficiency with martial weapons as it should under the Hex Warrior entry on p.55 in Xanathar's.

Conandar

Explorer
As far as I know this program uses only two macros, and one is to reset to the default state. (That may be both macros, as there are two reset buttons - one for the main program and one for the Custom page.) If your version of Excel is otherwise a full version this program should work, with the exception of those macros. This program is supposed to work with Mobile Excel for Android, but I have no way to test it.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
As far as I know this program uses only two macros, and one is to reset to the default state. (That may be both macros, as there are two reset buttons - one for the main program and one for the Custom page.) If your version of Excel is otherwise a full version this program should work, with the exception of those macros. This program is supposed to work with Mobile Excel for Android, but I have no way to test it.

Yes, only 2 macros one for resetting all sheets and one for only the custom sheet. It should work with Excel Mobile for all platforms.

Last edited:

David Cuneo

First Post
This may have been answered already, but I only recently found this Character Sheet (Its fantastic BTW). Are there plans for being able to add Custom Classes, like the Blood Hunter from dmsguild.com?

Dannyboy7702

First Post
This may have been answered already, but I only recently found this Character Sheet (Its fantastic BTW). Are there plans for being able to add Custom Classes, like the Blood Hunter from dmsguild.com?

Simple answer is no. Complex answer is..... As Wrightc214 said only published material is in the CS. Also, Forged works on the CS during his free time, there are too many variables to add a "custom class" section on the custom tab.

Luke Silburn

First Post
I have just transferred a character (Bard4/Pal3) from an old version of this tool to version 2.27 and I'm seeing some strange behaviour on the 'Spellcasting' page - character sheet III.

Instead of it being laid out across multiple pages with lots of blank rows for higher level spells, this page is heavily truncated with only three rows for cantrips, 10 rows for level 1 spells and 3 rows for level 2 spells, which means that the whole set only takes up about a quarter of a page of A4 when I check print preview.

It appears that the workbook is calculating how many rows are appropriate for the spells that my character knows - except if that is the case then the calculation has got it wrong as by my reckoning my character should have 11 rows for level 1 spells rather than the 10 at present; level 1 should consist of rows for 4 'known' spells from the Bard side, then rows for 5 'prepared' spells from the Paladin side (CHA modifier of 4 plus half his Paladin levels rounded down) and finally 2 rows for the spells from the sacred oath.

It's a bit of pain having to remember that my character has got an extra spell available to him at level 1 - is there a toggle somewhere that will flip this sheet back to the full page mode I remember from earlier versions? It's entirely possible that I flipped a switch somewhere that I've forgotten about but I've looked through the 'Start' tab and nothing seems obvious.

Regards
Luke

Remove ads