D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Dax Doomslayer

Adventurer
Yeah, I've already bought all the books and re-bought them for Fantasy Grounds. I'm not going to do it again. In addition, needing to be on line becomes a problem too. I wonder what Forge is going to do on this. Definitely a sad day...

xanadunl

First Post
Loving the sheet!

At the top of the Spellcasting tab, you can adjust your Spell Ability.
But this doesn't seem to affect attack spells in the first tab (11. Attacks).
Is that working as intended?

I got a Staff of Power which gives +2 on spell attack rolls. Should I just set the Bonus of my Attack Spells (CHA) to +2?

autumnlantern

First Post
Created an account to say your sheets are the best. The C&D is understandable... but I still hope you find a way to keep putting them out. Maybe reddit or something.

D&d beyond is trash, and WotC is known for legal action vs actually putting money and effort intp their digital products.

Dannyboy7702

First Post
Loving the sheet!

At the top of the Spellcasting tab, you can adjust your Spell Ability.
But this doesn't seem to affect attack spells in the first tab (11. Attacks).
Is that working as intended?

I got a Staff of Power which gives +2 on spell attack rolls. Should I just set the Bonus of my Attack Spells (CHA) to +2?

Where you select attack in the (11. Attack) you need to select "Attack Spell (spell modifier)" as your weapon and you need to select the bonus of +2 right below that.

Dannyboy7702

First Post
In 2.27 the actions on CS1 still overflow into the bonus action columns. Was reported back in 2016. My moon druid shows Overrun, Tumble, and Wildshape (in addition to Combat Wildshape) as bonus actions. Most of the left column of Actions is empty.

If you look at page 272 in the DMG you will see that Overrun and Tumble are both, an action and bonus action. As for Wildshape/ Combat Wildshape, when you become a 2nd level druid, you gain the ability to wildshape as an action (page 66 PHB). However, if you are a 2nd level Circle of the Moon druid, your wildshape is actually a combat wildshape and this ability is a bonus action (pg 69 PHB).

smbakeresq

Explorer
While I can not prove it in THEIR eyes, I have purchased all of the books (aside of the adventure books, as I see those as DM terrority and I am not a DM). I will not use D&D Beyond for a few reasons. 1) Where I play I do not have access to the internet. They have internet, but it is limited to store employee use only (they do not have the bandwith for everybody). 2) To use this produce I would have to buy digital copies of books that I already own. I am on a fixed income and can not spend hundreds on duplicate materials. 3) I have looked at D&D Beyond, and aside of an additional monthly fee and the aforementioned reasons, I feel the interface is awful. Truely awful.

I get why WOTC is doing what they are doing...because the character generator goes far beyond what is allowed in the SRD, but given that no money is exchanged I would think they have tenuous legal grounds at best. Note that they are not telling FA to take it down (as far as I can tell) but rather they are telling his host to take it down. Sometimes you don't sue for the money, sometimes it is to make it more trouble than it's worth to fight. Goliath vs David: David doesn't always win.

I also own most the 5E stuff, and a lot of 4e, and most 3.5e and 3.0e and all the way back until the red box. I have been playing D&D since it was first published. There are a lot of people like me, we have paid our dues.

WoTC also misses an essential point, this hobby is different then most. I know of NO ONE who plays D&D and never purchases anything, just freeloads off of everything available out there, which is everything. I get that groups split the cost of the books, at $40+ each that just makes sense. But in 40 years I have never met anyone who plays D&D using only "appropriated" materials. Its not that kind of crowd.

If anything this sheet has assisted players getting into the game, knowledge of excel really isn't required. I sat my sons down and created PCs with them, they can see right away how things change on the sheets as things are added.

The pricing for the Beyond App is crazy IMO, especially for those who already own the books. More importantly, its strictly worse then the builder for 4E, which was simple to use with a clear interface. It is just too awkward to use. For a yearly or monthly subscriber fee it would be worth it to figure it out, but to rebuy several books for full price, no.

jhansonxi

First Post
If you look at page 272 in the DMG you will see that Overrun and Tumble are both, an action and bonus action. As for Wildshape/ Combat Wildshape, when you become a 2nd level druid, you gain the ability to wildshape as an action (page 66 PHB). However, if you are a 2nd level Circle of the Moon druid, your wildshape is actually a combat wildshape and this ability is a bonus action (pg 69 PHB).
I was thinking that they should be in both columns (although WS and CWS are redundant except for healing) but that would probably clutter up the sheet too much.

Dannyboy7702

First Post
The pricing for the Beyond App is crazy IMO, especially for those who already own the books. More importantly, its strictly worse then the builder for 4E, which was simple to use with a clear interface. It is just too awkward to use. For a yearly or monthly subscriber fee it would be worth it to figure it out, but to rebuy several books for full price, no.

The prices for D&D Beyond are INSANE!!! IMO the digital books on D&D Beyond should be at least half price. I agree, the interface for beyond is too awkward. Forge's use of Excel, was excellent. It is easy to use, and you can use it without needing internet access. You can print your character sheet from D&D Beyond, but it is just a pdf version of WotC D&D 5e character sheet. The character sheet that Forge put together gives us more detailed information not along about the character but also abilities, features, spells, and equipment and treasure.

I do hope Forge is able to post his CS again.

Dannyboy7702

First Post
I was thinking that they should be in both columns (although WS and CWS are redundant except for healing) but that would probably clutter up the sheet too much.

Wildshape for the Circle of the Moon Druid becomes Combat Wildshape and therefore no longer requires an action to utilize this ability. As it says in the PHB, CWS can be utilized using a bonus action, so why would you want to put it in the action column? But, you might be correct, having both WS and CWS in the bonus action column maybe redundant.

But, as of right now nothing will be done about it. I am sure you noticed that administration informed us that WotC has put a DMCA takedown demand for Forge's CS. Unless there is another way for Forge's to share his CS with us, we will not be seeing any changes to it.

Remove ads