D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Xanlithe

First Post
If you send an e-mail to forgedanvil.sheet@gmail.com you get an auto-reply with a downloadlink for the latest Xanathar Release version. (currently 2.28.03)
This contains the whole of Xanathar, many bugfixes and a working import from previous versions.

I tested import from two versions. Works on V2.26 (and presumably later). Does not import from an old V2.0 Alpha. :.-(

I don't have the BETA 4 version, but I wonder if you could import from that? ;)

Last edited:

jaygeh

First Post
I still think this is the best took that I have found on the internet for 5e, and I really appreciate the team that is keeping it moving along a lot. Now the only thing I would really enjoy having on the sheet (and this is just me looking for an extra bit of polish on a new car) would be A. Have quick navigation by first letter for spells and feats, instead of dragging down the drop down menu to get to the ones I want. and B. it would be super cool if when you selected your starting pack and armor that it automatically fed into the page on your possessions and updated the weight.

Again, this is just me wanting to upgrade my "new car" options. And thanks again for a great tool

I still think this is the best took that I have found on the internet for 5e, and I really appreciate the team that is keeping it moving along a lot. Now the only thing I would really enjoy having on the sheet (and this is just me looking for an extra bit of polish on a new car) would be A. Have quick navigation by first letter for spells and feats, instead of dragging down the drop down menu to get to the ones I want. and B. it would be super cool if when you selected your starting pack and armor that it automatically fed into the page on your possessions and updated the weight.

Again, this is just me wanting to upgrade my "new car" options. And thanks again for a great tool

AFAIK both of those options require VBA which has been something intentionally avoided for compatibility reasons. If anyone can shed light on another method, please enlighten me.

Conandar

Explorer
I tested import from two versions. Works on V2.26 (and presumably later). Does not import from an old V2.0 Alpha. :.-(

I don't have the BETA 4 version, but I wonder if you could import from that? ;)

Even the most recent non-beta version (v2.27) would not reliably import from any earlier version than about v2.10 (and maybe not even that far). To maintain import compatibility is not an easy task and when significant changes occur in the framework of the generator it is very likely previous versions will not correctly (or not at all) import.

If ForgedAnvil did receive a C&D when ENWorld got theirs, he may not legally be able to associate with this channel directly. Or perhaps life has just gotten really crazy and he just doesn't have the time at the moment, as Wrightc214 seems to say. Either way, the generator is his property and hacking the password (no matter how easy that may or may not be) and releasing unauthorized versions is a disservice to FA's hard work.

Jim Gorman Jr

First Post
AFAIK both of those options require VBA which has been something intentionally avoided for compatibility reasons. If anyone can shed light on another method, please enlighten me.

Yeah I figured it was something technical. A man can dream, but until then i will just keep doing what I have been doing

Even the most recent non-beta version (v2.27) would not reliably import from any earlier version than about v2.10 (and maybe not even that far). To maintain import compatibility is not an easy task and when significant changes occur in the framework of the generator it is very likely previous versions will not correctly (or not at all) import.

If ForgedAnvil did receive a C&D when ENWorld got theirs, he may not legally be able to associate with this channel directly. Or perhaps life has just gotten really crazy and he just doesn't have the time at the moment, as Wrightc214 seems to say. Either way, the generator is his property and hacking the password (no matter how easy that may or may not be) and releasing unauthorized versions is a disservice to FA's hard work.

[sblock]
deleted.
[/sblock]

Edit: image removed.

Last edited:

First of all, I love this character sheet! I ended up buying the books so I can rationalize using this sheet. By far the best out there, including the official ones!

I do have a couple of things. As far as Beta4 is concerned, I built an Eladrin Rogue and noticed a that Fey Step needs to be added to Active Features area. Also, is there some way to note what season the character is in and the corresponding cantrip?

Fey Step added to Active Features. We will add the seasonal stuff when we implement the new book. Currently, Eladrin is based on the DMG variant.

Initial Caps throughout. Mostly noticed when describing weapons and armor as well as the items in the inventory drop downs but the "s" in Cast a Spell in Actions is lower case while the "O" in Use an Object in the next column over is capitalized.
Fixed. Took me a bit to find it!

Another sheet for managing inventory items in a bag(s) of holding or being carried a mount would be nice.

Include weights of equipped items towards carrying capacity.

Add items to the inventory based on what starting pack is selected.
These can be considered after MtF.

Remove ads