D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Conandar

Explorer
Beta 5...Barbarian/Zealot (Level 3)...Warrior of the Gods Description reads...If a spell, such as raise dead, has the sole effect of restoring you to life (but not uncleath)…
Text should read: undeath.

While we're on; base Barbarians at 11th level have Relentless Rage which reads..."while raging and don't die outright, make a DC 10..."
Not sure why "If you drop to 0 hit points while raging and don't die outright..." was cut (space?); but it's been that way for a long time. I think it is helpful for new players to see the text in full; but I recognize these "catches" are pretty minor. I figured while I was here, I'd point it out.

"cleath" instead of "death" seems like a standard error that OCR programs can make with certain fonts. The human eye can see the space, but its not so easy for an algorythm.

You're probably right that leaving text off is a result of trying to save space, but it also helps to enforce the need to have the actual books handy. I know I still bring my books along, even though I have my laptop to use, too. The generator is not meant to replace the need for having the books (and just may help keep the Hasbro lawyer dogs from chasing and biteing more than they already are).

Beta 5...Barbarian/Zealot (Level 3)...Warrior of the Gods Description reads...If a spell, such as raise dead, has the sole effect of restoring you to life (but not uncleath)…
Text should read: undeath.

While we're on; base Barbarians at 11th level have Relentless Rage which reads..."while raging and don't die outright, make a DC 10..."
Not sure why "If you drop to 0 hit points while raging and don't die outright..." was cut (space?); but it's been that way for a long time. I think it is helpful for new players to see the text in full; but I recognize these "catches" are pretty minor. I figured while I was here, I'd point it out.

Fixed both in Beta 6

RedAneura

First Post
Came here looking for a generator with Xanathar's or maybe Mordenkainen's and found out about the C&D. It looks like some people are still working on the spreadsheet, if so, can I have a DM please?

Paladijn

Villager
Hi RedAneura,

Since you cannot download the sheet from here anymore.

It looks like you have 2 choices at the moment.
You can either go for the Beta version, currently looks like beta 5 at getlink56+enw at gmail
Or you can go with Xanathar's Release, at forgedanvil.sheet also at gmail.

Personally I prefer the Xanathar's Release. I have not found any issues with it yet.
Also seems more stable, that I know of there haven't been many changes since I started using it last year.

the choice is up to you.

Jerick Johnson

First Post
Hey, first thing I want to say is THANK YOU to the people at the Forged Anvil for freeing information across the web, second thing is can someone DM me the latest link to use for a character creator

Hi RedAneura,

Since you cannot download the sheet from here anymore.

It looks like you have 2 choices at the moment.
You can either go for the Beta version, currently looks like beta 5 at getlink56+enw at gmail
Or you can go with Xanathar's Release, at forgedanvil.sheet also at gmail.

Personally I prefer the Xanathar's Release. I have not found any issues with it yet.
Also seems more stable, that I know of there haven't been many changes since I started using it last year.

the choice is up to you.

AFAIK, the kinks are related to custom info (fixed in beta 6) and racial cantrips (fixed in beta 5). These were introduced by a major overhaul on the backend to smooth out some lagging calculations. The XR split occurred sometime after this overhaul (which is why they don't have new issues with old material).
If you've encountered other issues, please advise so we can get them rectified.

Paladijn

Villager
Actually I think that that XR release was back in December last year, I think that is when I downloaded it.
I thought just after the 2.27 beta 1.
As far as I know there haven't been many releases since then.

It looks like XR is currrently at version 2.28.03.
I had hoped that the MToF information was in the sheet, but it does not look like it.

I was referring to fact that there is a Beta 6 distribution, it seems odd that there are still bugs after this long.

Paladijn

Villager
Hi Nilbog,

Depending on which gmail you use:

You will either get placed on a distribution list.
Then you wait for the next release and it will be mailed to you at that time.

Otherwise you should receive a link in the email to the latest download.
You click on the link and can download the sheet.

Either way.
Save it to your local disk.
Scan it for viruses

Then enjoy your game.

Remove ads