• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
From the DMG(185):
"You can use an action to unfold a portable hole and place it on or against a solid surface, whereupon the portable hole creates an extradimensional hole 10 feet deep."

While it doesn't specifically mention items, it does mention putting people/characters in there. :cool:

There you go! I scanned the text quickly looking for a weight limit of the item (similar to BoH and HHH) but it looks like a 6ft wide 10ft deep hole has pretty much unlimited storage and the portable hole weighs practically nothing. I'll look at adding it in v1.57

Last edited:

Mergon

First Post
ForgedAnvil:

Bug: Character Sheet II tab. Attuned Magical Items - Weight; can't enter weights.

Actually, it doesn't look like you can enter weights manually at all unless I am missing something.

I love the new filter on the spell tab.

Question: Do any formulas access the Character Sheet V tab? I want to hide your and add my own version with 2 or 4 large cells. Much easy to copy blocks of text over that way.

Thanks for yet another great update to an already great character sheet.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
I love the filter to compact the spell sheet, thank you very much. Just in case how do I change the filter to expand it if I wanted?

You either reapply the filter by clicking on it and then clicking okay or by clearing the filter by clicking on the filter and selecting Clear Filter from "SPELLS"

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
ForgedAnvil:

Bug: Character Sheet II tab. Attuned Magical Items - Weight; can't enter weights.

Actually, it doesn't look like you can enter weights manually at all unless I am missing something.

I love the new filter on the spell tab.

Question: Do any formulas access the Character Sheet V tab? I want to hide your and add my own version with 2 or 4 large cells. Much easy to copy blocks of text over that way.

Thanks for yet another great update to an already great character sheet.

Good to hear you're enjoying the features, the item stuff took me quite a bit of effort but I think it's worth it.

Weights are overridden in the small cell to the left of the actual weight. There are 2 comments that are now visible when you hover your mouse over them, you can find them near the QTY and WEIGHT headings shown by a little red arrow in the top right (Excel 2010-16). The override for the magic rarity is to the left of the QTY cell. Refer to the Example Character Zenith for ... well ... examples :)

For your custom sheet you can add any sheet you like and as many as you like! It is designed this way for users to customize additional sheets or design their own Character Sheet I for example.

There are no references to Character Sheet V, probably not worth it to delete it as it will show up again when you transfer your character to the next version release - but there will be no issues if you delete this AFTER the character is transferred :)

Note that if you add custom sheets, these will need to be transferred manually to the new version and if you have named links (e.g. =HitPoints) then no problem (just click yes to all prompts), if you have direct link with cells (e.g. ='Character Sheet I'!E45) from the old version you will need to find and replace the old character generator file name with the new character generator file name and all should be fine.

Last edited:

flwad

Explorer
Started using the new Item section on sheet 2. Great work! Is there any way to type in a name for a non-magical item. My GM has us carrying items which are not in the standard list, and I don't seem to be able to add them. Also, because I'm carrying the Bag of Holding, my inventory is huge. Any thoughts on extending the list? again, love both your ttention to detail and your responsiveness. Inspires me to return to my own post and give it the attention it deserves.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Started using the new Item section on sheet 2. Great work! Is there any way to type in a name for a non-magical item. My GM has us carrying items which are not in the standard list, and I don't seem to be able to add them. Also, because I'm carrying the Bag of Holding, my inventory is huge. Any thoughts on extending the list? again, love both your ttention to detail and your responsiveness. Inspires me to return to my own post and give it the attention it deserves.

You should be able to type in any item name in the Item column, for the weight of an item the tool will compare the item name for for an exact match first, if found it uses that otherwise it then looks at the first 4 characters of the item and checks that against the list if found it uses the weight of the item it finds first. For example typing potion of healing it'll come back with 0.5 lb, typing potion of awesomeness the tool will still find it as 0.5 lb, however typing pot will return 10 lb (from pot, iron). Typing awesome for an item name the tool will ask you to enter the weight of the item (found in the column to the right of the QTY column) the cell should turn the familiar yellow color and once you've entered a weight it will be a very light grey color fill.

Only exact matches for magic items are then found and given properties, for items you'd like to override you can override them in the column to the left of the QTY column, assigning a C, U, R, V, L, S, A for rarity and adding an A on the end if it requires Attunement.

The list is for now complete, if you have a heap of stuff in your Bag of Holding, recommend you use Character Sheet V to list any further gear you have in your Bag of Holding

Most likely in the next version I'm going to unlock Character Sheet V to design whatever you like

As an afterthought, you could right click Character Sheet II tab, go to move or copy, create a copy then name it Bag of Holding and use that for your bag (with no locations entered)

Last edited:

Ansnom

First Post
ForgedAnvil- The suggestions that you made for a new sheet and printing up the summary stuff. =racedetails and the like. They don't exactly transfer over. The background details worked correctly. But the other three either leave the cells blank or give me "
TO BEGIN USING THE CHARACTER GENERATOR FOLLOW THE STEPS BELOW:

1. ENTER ALL ABILITY SCORES - WAITING...

2. ENTER EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM OF 0) - WAITING...

3. SELECT A CLASS FOR LEVEL 1 - WAITING...
"

Remove ads