• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Bug Report: "Feat Selection/Ability Score Increase"

Not sure if anyone has tried this, but when multi classing from level 8 up, it doesn't seem to activate the second feat/ability selection. Tried using a Monk 6/Cleric 3
- Once you've added the second class, the first Feat selection is moved to level 5 (should be 4).
- The second feat selection should be at level 8 by my L9 character never got the option (I did see you could use the "Additional" fields. But still feel it should be reported as a bug.

I'm guessing you have done something like:

Level 1 Monk
Level 2 Monk
Level 3 Cleric
Level 4 Monk
Level 5 Monk

In which case you get one feat (from being level 4 in Monk) at Level 5 (Monk 4 / Cleric 1), A level 6 Monk still has one feat (next one at 8th) and a level 3 Cleric has 0 feats (next one at 4th level and again at 8th). So if you go up a level in Cleric (Monk 6 / Cleric 4) at level 10 then you get an additional feat (Cleric Level 4) at 10th level

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
ForgedAnvil:

I was updating my warlock on you character sheet and noticed all that wonderful space after where is says 'Type the name 0f the spell for spells not in your class list or school' on the spell casting tab. It would be a great spot for 2 drop downs.The 1st would be for the number of spell casting slots the warlock possesses and the 2nd would be for his or her current casting level.

On the Character Sheet III tab, under the Spell slots and Spells Used boxes for3rd to 6th level spells is where you could also display the above data.

On the Character Summary tab, you could add a new a line that shows up under the Slots Used boxes for Warlock Spell Slots, Warlock Spell Slot Level, and Warlock Spell Slots Used.

As we discussed a while back this information needs to be kept separate from the regular spell casting tracking for purposes of Arcane Recover, the druid equivalent of the fore mentioned, and fur to the fact that the Warlock gets his spell slots back after a short rest. :cool:

Actually the Warlock spells slots and spell level are auto calculated so no need to manually enter this information in. The challenge here is for multiclass spellcaster / warlock then I've got to look at removing the warlock slots out of the spell slot rows and have the individual spell slot used for the Warlock. But keep the Mystic Arcanum as is.

So for a Warlock 4 / Wizard 4, the main spell slots are used for the Wizards (and do not include Pact Magic Levels) and a separate area for Warlock:

Pact Magic Level [2nd] Slots [2] USED [__]

For non spell caster / warlock and single class warlock the Standard Spell slots are used and the "Pact Magic Level [2nd] Slots [2] USED [__]" is hidden.

Ryonez

Villager
Hi ForgedAnvil,

I have 2/3 things to ask about.

1. My v1.56 spell list isn't compressing and I can't look into it. Do you know why it isn't working?
2. The Character Sheet III shows your Ability Bonus up top. I keep forgetting to add my proficiency bonus to this and was wondering as to why this doesn't show the Attack Bonus instead.
3. The protected pages. I having the most difficulty with this one. I love going though how things have been put together. The Elite Dangerous Trade Computer Extension is very fun to poke around in. So I'm wondering why there is so much protection?
I've found little things here and there, sometimes I spend ages looking for an override just to go 'I can't be arsed' and walk away. So could you please shed some light as to why almost everything is protected?

Regards Ryonez

flwad

Explorer
With the suggestion of the copied tab 2 for an overloaded Bag of Holding and a little use of Gear Section to understand its operation, this has been one of your best improvements thus far IMHO, but I would suggest the addition of the Tack and Harness and possibly the Trade Goods on Page 157 PHB. Obviously, these would be primarily carried/kept in Possessions Not On Person, but they could possibly be carried On Person. Barding would probably only need the Heavy types as a Warhorse starts at AC11. I think, as there are enough campaigns with mounted characters, that this is worth the effort.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Hi ForgedAnvil,

I have 2/3 things to ask about.

1. My v1.56 spell list isn't compressing and I can't look into it. Do you know why it isn't working?
2. The Character Sheet III shows your Ability Bonus up top. I keep forgetting to add my proficiency bonus to this and was wondering as to why this doesn't show the Attack Bonus instead.
3. The protected pages. I having the most difficulty with this one. I love going though how things have been put together. The Elite Dangerous Trade Computer Extension is very fun to poke around in. So I'm wondering why there is so much protection?
I've found little things here and there, sometimes I spend ages looking for an override just to go 'I can't be arsed' and walk away. So could you please shed some light as to why almost everything is protected?

Regards Ryonez

1. You need to apply a filter the spell list

Filtering Spells.png

Each time you add a spell, reapply the filter by clearing a reselecting spells only

2. Recommend to add your Spell Attacks to the Attacks section in Character Sheet I, e.g. Attack Spell (Int) is in the drop down list for Intelligence spell attacks. In the case of the Example Character Zenith, he uses a Wand of the War Mage +2 which adds +2 to his spell attacks - all the calculations are done for you there.

3. Users only need to select the cells that actually do stuff (usually highlighted in yellow). If not then no need to look into it. If it doesn't work or you find a bug let me know and I'll fix it for everyone. If you're not sure how to do something ask, either myself or someone on the forum will respond. In the end is about improving the quality and features of the tool.

The Example Character Zenith will also give you some ideas of how the tool works. You can also use he Formulas > Show Formula option in the ribbon to see some calculations in Example Character Zenith file.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
With the suggestion of the copied tab 2 for an overloaded Bag of Holding and a little use of Gear Section to understand its operation, this has been one of your best improvements thus far IMHO, but I would suggest the addition of the Tack and Harness and possibly the Trade Goods on Page 157 PHB. Obviously, these would be primarily carried/kept in Possessions Not On Person, but they could possibly be carried On Person. Barding would probably only need the Heavy types as a Warhorse starts at AC11. I think, as there are enough campaigns with mounted characters, that this is worth the effort.

Glad you like the new additions, the equipment stuff took a fair bit of work to get sorted - many many items and many many weights. I was looking at the trade goods and tack and harness stuff today actually - I might add them in a future version, let's see how it goes. If you want to put them into an Excel file with weights that'll help implementation to be quicker

SirLevAris

First Post
I'm transferring characters over to v1.56 and have noticed that line 12 in the equipment list (Sheet II) does not calculate the weight even if I manually enter it.

Mergon

First Post
ForgeAnvil:

I know you don't want to unlock your sheet's protection, so I was wondering. Is there any chance you could send me just the sheets where you enter your class data without the rest of the character sheet. That way I could see the data layout. Then I could set up the UA classes for you, and maybe a custom class or two. Then you could just add that data to a BETA version of the sheet? You would NOT be responsible for maintaining any of the custom data period.

Another thought I had would be an unprotected tab which is a copy of your class data tab. Then you could just have pointers in your true class data tab for the custom material.

I am just speculating since I can't even begin to guess how your class data is laid out. Custom classes are the biggest bottle neck I have with your magnificent sheet/builder. I, and most of my players, have been playing D&D in its various implementation since 1981. Thus, we tend to stretch the limits of each new system. Many of us get easily bored with the standard classes very quickly so I apologize if I keep harping on the subject. :)

flwad

Explorer
Tack & Trade Goods

I included all the full armor types.

The weights for cloth and animals were the best I could come up with with web searches. If you have better data, please use.

If you need any other data entry done, PM me.

Attachments

• Tack and Trade Goods Weights.xlsx
    9.7 KB · Views: 85

Remove ads