D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Arilyn24

First Post
Um, I don't mean to be rude or anything but I made a account just to ask this, are you planning on adding any of the newer sub-classes and races like Favored Soul and Shifter?

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
I included all the full armor types.

The weights for cloth and animals were the best I could come up with with web searches. If you have better data, please use.

If you need any other data entry done, PM me.

Hey flwad, awesome thanks for the efforts will implement in v1.57 [UPDATE: Implemented for v1.57]

Last edited:

Ryonez

Villager
1. You need to apply a filter the spell list

Each time you add a spell, reapply the filter by clearing a reselecting spells only

2. Recommend to add your Spell Attacks to the Attacks section in Character Sheet I, e.g. Attack Spell (Int) is in the drop down list for Intelligence spell attacks. In the case of the Example Character Zenith, he uses a Wand of the War Mage +2 which adds +2 to his spell attacks - all the calculations are done for you there.

3. Users only need to select the cells that actually do stuff (usually highlighted in yellow). If not then no need to look into it. If it doesn't work or you find a bug let me know and I'll fix it for everyone. If you're not sure how to do something ask, either myself or someone on the forum will respond. In the end is about improving the quality and features of the tool.

The Example Character Zenith will also give you some ideas of how the tool works. You can also use he Formulas > Show Formula option in the ribbon to see some calculations in Example Character Zenith file.

1. This worked

2. This also works, but now requires me to look across two different sheets and with Zenith, you overrode the attack bonus to make it 12(The sheet didn't calculate that). You also didn't really answer the question. Is there any point that someone would just use the ability bonus?

3. I felt this also wasn't really answered maybe I should repeat the question. The protected pages. I having the most difficulty with this one. I love going though how things have been put together. The Elite Dangerous Trade Computer Extension is very fun to poke around in. So I'm wondering why there is so much protection?
I've found little things here and there, sometimes I spend ages looking for an override just to go 'I can't be arsed' and walk away. So could you please shed some light as to why almost everything is protected?

What I just posted does sound a little negative, which isn't really what I want to convey.
The work you have done is awesome, but the protection all over the place is really preventing me from relaxing while using it.

dunstvangeet

Explorer
Bug Report - Character Sheet 2 - Item List

The 12th cell down (somewhere around CR47), the weight calculation doesn't work.

Edit: ALREADY REPORTED AND FIXED FOR v 1.57.

Last edited:

dorpond

Explorer
Great tool! Thanks for putting all the time and effort into it! This is my #1 character sheet tool used! Thank you again!

Question: with both of your tools, the sheet and the importer, my Excel 2013 crashes with "Excel stopped working" when I scroll up and down in the sheets. All I have to do is load it up and start scrolling up and down - it crashes immediately.

All other excel documents I use throughout my day do not crash, just these.

Everything seems to work fine in Excel 2010 however.

I went through all the possible ways to fix the error, including disabling COM add-ins, to Excel Safe Mode (your sheets also crash in safe mode too), to changing default printers.

Just curious if anyone else seems to have a problem with Excel 2013 (standard). Just looking to see if there is a common denominator here.

*Edit*
System Info:
Surface Tablet Pro 2 (8g ram / 64bit OS)
Windows 10 Pro

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Great tool! Thanks for putting all the time and effort into it! This is my #1 character sheet tool used! Thank you again!

Question: with both of your tools, the sheet and the importer, my Excel 2013 crashes with "Excel stopped working" when I scroll up and down in the sheets. All I have to do is load it up and start scrolling up and down - it crashes immediately.

All other excel documents I use throughout my day do not crash, just these.

Everything seems to work fine in Excel 2010 however.

I went through all the possible ways to fix the error, including disabling COM add-ins, to Excel Safe Mode (your sheets also crash in safe mode too), to changing default printers.

Just curious if anyone else seems to have a problem with Excel 2013 (standard). Just looking to see if there is a common denominator here.

*Edit*
System Info:
Surface Tablet Pro 2 (8g ram / 64bit OS)
Windows 10 Pro

Thanks for the feedback, cool that you like the tool!

Working fine on my 2013 version, (on Surface Pro 3 Win 10 pro), recommend to do a full repair of your office installation (go to uninstall a program, go to office, right click and choose repair, choose full repair). Just tested on another PC, no issues there.

[Update: I thought of another point, check you're updated to the latest version of Office 2013 under Account > Check for Updates]

Let me know how you go

Last edited:

Drothmar

First Post
Hi ForgedAnvil, After months of waiting it's pretty great to see some amazing sheets out there. Thanks for creating such an indepth tool for the community. I just wanted to let you know I have tested the android version of Excel and was unable to open the sheet. Details are as follows:
Device- Nexus 7
Android Version- 5.1.1
Excel Version - 16.0.4229.1007
Issue stated by Excel - This version of Excel can not open workbooks with : Form Control

I also attempted to open the workbook using Google Sheets and unfortunately it will not work correctly as while it displays the information it will delete or ignore any formatting or data that it is not compatible with. I hope this helps and if you require any more information or would like me to do any more testing please let me know. And Thanks again for all your hard work!

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Hi ForgedAnvil, After months of waiting it's pretty great to see some amazing sheets out there. Thanks for creating such an indepth tool for the community. I just wanted to let you know I have tested the android version of Excel and was unable to open the sheet. Details are as follows:
Device- Nexus 7
Android Version- 5.1.1
Excel Version - 16.0.4229.1007
Issue stated by Excel - This version of Excel can not open workbooks with : Form Control

I also attempted to open the workbook using Google Sheets and unfortunately it will not work correctly as while it displays the information it will delete or ignore any formatting or data that it is not compatible with. I hope this helps and if you require any more information or would like me to do any more testing please let me know. And Thanks again for all your hard work!

Thanks for the feedback,

Very odd as there were never any form controls in the file from the start - I've checked it out and found one issue that I've now fixed. If you can test v1.57 once I release it on Excel for Android and give me feedback that would be great.

[UPDATE] I've uploaded a newer version of 1.56 with the fix (as well as the missing weight formula in CSII). Check it out and let me know if it's working okay.

As for Google Sheet, there isn't much you can do there - it has limitations.

Last edited:

Drothmar

First Post
Thanks for the feedback,

Very odd as there were never any form controls in the file from the start - I've checked it out and found one issue that I've now fixed. If you can test v1.57 once I release it on Excel for Android and give me feedback that would be great.

[UPDATE] I've uploaded a newer version of 1.56 with the fix (as well as the missing weight formula in CSII). Check it out and let me know if it's working okay.

As for Google Sheet, there isn't much you can do there - it has limitations.

Hi ForgedAnvil, I'll download the 1.56 and give it a shot. I'll get back to you on my results as soon as I can.

**EDIT: Hi Forged, Great news I just did a test of the newest upload and it does appear to work now on android excel. The only pop up that seems to come up now is "This version of Microsoft Excel can't run VBA Macros" (This does not appear to impede anything though so far). I did attempt this by using a dropbox/cloud based stream and by downloading the file to the tablet itself. It definitely runs a little faster when downloaded. Otherwise awesome job. When you release 1.57 I'll test again for you if you'd like**

Last edited:

Remove ads