D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

tkstargazer

Explorer
Any chance of adding a calculation somewhere for GP equivalent of your cash? I have a lot of platinum pieces, and my GM keeps wanting to know how much GP equivalent I have. Thanks.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
1. This worked

2. This also works, but now requires me to look across two different sheets and with Zenith, you overrode the attack bonus to make it 12(The sheet didn't calculate that). You also didn't really answer the question. Is there any point that someone would just use the ability bonus?

3. I felt this also wasn't really answered maybe I should repeat the question. The protected pages. I having the most difficulty with this one. I love going though how things have been put together. The Elite Dangerous Trade Computer Extension is very fun to poke around in. So I'm wondering why there is so much protection?
I've found little things here and there, sometimes I spend ages looking for an override just to go 'I can't be arsed' and walk away. So could you please shed some light as to why almost everything is protected?

What I just posted does sound a little negative, which isn't really what I want to convey.
The work you have done is awesome, but the protection all over the place is really preventing me from relaxing while using it.

Awesome the you think the tool is awesome, see my comments below

2. Ability bonus is used for the damage of some spell (e.g. add your spell ability bonus to the damage), for some class it is straight forward for others it can be either WIS, INT or CHA. I don't mind changing the stat to show your attack bonus instead. But again I typically use CSI for all attacks (melee, ranged, spell etc.) and reference the spell detail in CSII - for me this is a better way to calculate the spell attack bonus (particularly if you have a magic modifier to spell attack). For the Example Character Zenthi, the override is also a calculation (e.g. =Attack1bonus+2) when you look at the detail in the cell though it is now redundant due to some changes I made earlier - so now you can just use the Magic Modifier (+2) to calculate the spell attack total and no need to used the override.

3. The cells you don't need to enter data in are protected, the cell you need to enter data in are unprotected and highlighted in yellow. The custom sheet is there to customize races, deities, backgrounds and spells. There are other overrides that enable other customizations. Most cells with specifics options have a drop down list (or you can enter in any value). There are not too many things that the user can do wrong and cause issue with the tool as it is designed.

Of course there are limitations, but these are too be expected from a free to use tool that has only a few awesome people supporting its development through PayPal. It is what it is.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Hi ForgedAnvil, I'll download the 1.56 and give it a shot. I'll get back to you on my results as soon as I can.

**EDIT: Hi Forged, Great news I just did a test of the newest upload and it does appear to work now on android excel. The only pop up that seems to come up now is "This version of Microsoft Excel can't run VBA Macros" (This does not appear to impede anything though so far). I did attempt this by using a dropbox/cloud based stream and by downloading the file to the tablet itself. It definitely runs a little faster when downloaded. Otherwise awesome job. When you release 1.57 I'll test again for you if you'd like**

Awesome, I expect no further issues with Excel for Android or Excel for iOS in future versions so no worries on testing it. There are some known anomalies with Excel mobile that can be improved, I expect this will happen over time as new versions of the app are released.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Um, I don't mean to be rude or anything but I made a account just to ask this, are you planning on adding any of the newer sub-classes and races like Favored Soul and Shifter?

No plans to add any unofficially released content, I expect these will be released as official materials at some stage in future materials and will implement them at that point to avoid reworking the tool.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Any chance of adding a calculation somewhere for GP equivalent of your cash? I have a lot of platinum pieces, and my GM keeps wanting to know how much GP equivalent I have. Thanks.

You can do this also by putting a formula under Character Notes (for example), use ="Total GP = "&Start!BC109*10+Start!BC110+Start!BC111/2+Start!BC112/10+Start!BC113/100

Last edited:

tkstargazer

Explorer
You can do this also by putting a formula under Character Notes (for example), use ="Total GP = "&Start!BC109*10+Start!BC110+Start!BC111/2+Start!BC112/10+Start!BC113/100

Yes I know I CAN do that, but I was hoping that some sort of 'Total Cash' could be tucked in somewhere. Since the money is entered on the 'Start' page, I thought that perhaps it could be added in the 'Coinage' section on Character Sheet I. Losing one Weapons, Tools, and Languages line would do the trick.

Perhaps in the heading (COINAGE: 147 gp),
or in each line:
Platinum, 20 (200 gp), 100 (1000 gp)
Silver, 500 (50 gp), 8000 (800 gp)
Also, it would be nice if there was a way to store cash equivalent information. Something like:
Gem (12), 100 gp each, 1200 gp total
Gem (2), 500 gp each, 1000 gp total
Statue (1), 5 gp each, 5 gp total

Remove ads