• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

TwistedFaith

Explorer
Hi there ForgeAnvil. I have a small and probably easy request again. It just dawned on me that there is one thing missing from Character Sheet I (i could be wrong my eye aren't what they used to be) But where does it list what Region Your Character is From? I'm not talking about it listing that your from Eberron, Dragonlance, Forgotten Realms, ect.. But like where in those setting specifically your from. I guessing you could have a selection space on the Start Sheet where you could list well know places from each setting but also have it to where someone can type a place you dont list have have that show up on Character Sheet I.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Version 1.58 Released

Download here - ForgedAnvil 5E Character Generator

Updates in this release:
V1.51-V1.58 26 Sep 2015
- Fixed Additional Feat not showing the correct stat adjustment in the Ability Scores section of Start sheet
- Fixed Wild Shape sheet stat bugs and corrected Elk Charge DC
- Improved the Barbarian's Unarmored Defense text to make it clearer
- Fixed bug with Clothes, Fine having a space at the end of the text which caused incorrect weights to show if the a user typed the text in manually
- Fixed bug with multiclass Warlock / Spellcaster incorrectly seeing the class Warlock as a spellcasting class.
- Added Quiver of Ehlonna to weight reduction list
- Fixed issue with CSIII spells above 3rd level always printing on a second page
- The Skin detail in CSI now autoscales to text length
- Fixed Barbarian's Berserker subclass is misspelled as "Beserker" - NOTE for characters that are transferred with a Beserker subclass, you will get #N/A values until you correct the spelling of your subclass.
- Fixed Half-Orc's racial stat bonuses misspell Constitution as "Constition"
- German language supported (thanks to bromleylaerchen)
- Various bug fixes, spelling corrections and tool enhancements

Use the ForgedAnvil Character Transfer Tool to transfer your current Character to the new version

For translations, the translation file has also been updated to include new text fields

Let me know if you find issues, enjoy!F

Last edited:

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Quick bug i found, when you add an additional feat like observation or light armored you can't ad the +1 on the stat as the feat describes, instead it just gives you a +0 on the additional slot in the stats.

Just for reference i found this bug while creating a lvl 3 variant human wizard.

just tested a little more on the version 1.57 of the sheet and this bug only applies to human characters, be it variant human or regular ones.

B-)

Thanks for the feedback, fixed in version 1.58 (please test and let me know)

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Hi there ForgeAnvil. I have a small and probably easy request again. It just dawned on me that there is one thing missing from Character Sheet I (i could be wrong my eye aren't what they used to be) But where does it list what Region Your Character is From? I'm not talking about it listing that your from Eberron, Dragonlance, Forgotten Realms, ect.. But like where in those setting specifically your from. I guessing you could have a selection space on the Start Sheet where you could list well know places from each setting but also have it to where someone can type a place you dont list have have that show up on Character Sheet I.

Hi TF, there is a section on the Start sheet called Region but it is not referenced in the Character Sheets - I would recommend to use the Character Backstory section in CSIV to detail this

Bonescan

First Post
First of all thanks for this great tool!!!

Second I have a bug. I get #Ref on Character Sheet I under equipment worn, body. I tried setting my body to Fur Coat on the Start and Char. Sheet II. Then I get the #Ref. I tried removing these but I can't get rid of the #Ref.

Third: I have a sword that gives me a +2 initiative. Where should I indicate this so it increases my initiative?

Thanks again!!!

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
First of all thanks for this great tool!!!

Second I have a bug. I get #Ref on Character Sheet I under equipment worn, body. I tried setting my body to Fur Coat on the Start and Char. Sheet II. Then I get the #Ref. I tried removing these but I can't get rid of the #Ref.

Third: I have a sword that gives me a +2 initiative. Where should I indicate this so it increases my initiative?

Thanks again!!!

Thanks for the feedback.

1. Are you getting #Ref error only for your fur coat? and only on the Body? If the cell content is cleared on the Start sheet this should remove the #Ref value. If not post a screenshot of your Start sheet and CSII.
2. Initiative is adjusted on the Start sheet under the Ability Scores section

Leonides02

First Post
Thanks so much for this tool! It's obviously a passion project and you've done a great job.

I have a question: Is there any way to change the font of the Race, Background, Class & Feats section? My character is level 19 and not all of the abilities and feats fit. :-\

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Thanks so much for this tool! It's obviously a passion project and you've done a great job.

I have a question: Is there any way to change the font of the Race, Background, Class & Feats section? My character is level 19 and not all of the abilities and feats fit. :-\

You can try hiding some of the detail on the Start sheet, for example unchecking ALL DETAILS hides extraneous stuff like speed, stat adjustments, languages etc.

If you still have issues with space you could create a new sheet, hide the FEATS for example (option on the Start sheet) then use the formula =CharacterFeatDetails on the new sheet to show your feats (you should also format the cell to wrap text)

Not ideal with the extra sheet but it is an option

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads