• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

TwistedFaith

Explorer
Thanks for the feedback!

1. Rangers now correctly select their archetype at level 3 (v1.59)
2 & 3. Updated to show only the class and class level of each feat or ASI for the details section (v1.59)

View attachment 70720

However in the stat level increase section it shows the correct level when you get the stat increase
View attachment 70721

Does this make sense to everyone?
It sounds like he thinks he gets the stat boost or feat for every four levels of each class for multiclass (ie a character with 3 monk and 1 rogue wouldn't get a stat boost or feat.) I could be misinterpreting what he is saying.

Conandar

Explorer
In this case, the character is a Monk for the first 6 levels, so the so the first ASI at 4th level is correct. However, as the 7th level class I took 1 level of Rogue (Monk 6 / Rogue 1), so the next ASI does not show up (correctly) until level 9 (Monk 8 / Rogue 1), and at Level 13 (Monk 12 / Rogue 1) I took a feat. In the ASI&Feats (Start page area 5) they are listed as Level 4, 8 and 12 which is somewhat confusing due to "level" referring to both character level and class level. I believe ForgedAnvil is fixing this by changing the "level" to the character class in 1.59. The issue is in the "Race, Background, Class and Feats" area, in the "Ability Score Improvements & Feats". The ASIs are noted as being gained at levels 4 & 9 (the correct character levels in this case), but the feat is noted as level 12 which is the correct class level but not the correct character level. I believe both the ASIs and Feats should show the character levels at which they were gained, not have one show character levels and the other showing class levels, that is all.

I see on the Start page a section "Additional Details" which I was thinking would be useful, but I see no way to actually enter data here. What am I missing?

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
In this case, the character is a Monk for the first 6 levels, so the so the first ASI at 4th level is correct. However, as the 7th level class I took 1 level of Rogue (Monk 6 / Rogue 1), so the next ASI does not show up (correctly) until level 9 (Monk 8 / Rogue 1), and at Level 13 (Monk 12 / Rogue 1) I took a feat. In the ASI&Feats (Start page area 5) they are listed as Level 4, 8 and 12 which is somewhat confusing due to "level" referring to both character level and class level. I believe ForgedAnvil is fixing this by changing the "level" to the character class in 1.59. The issue is in the "Race, Background, Class and Feats" area, in the "Ability Score Improvements & Feats". The ASIs are noted as being gained at levels 4 & 9 (the correct character levels in this case), but the feat is noted as level 12 which is the correct class level but not the correct character level. I believe both the ASIs and Feats should show the character levels at which they were gained, not have one show character levels and the other showing class levels, that is all.

I see on the Start page a section "Additional Details" which I was thinking would be useful, but I see no way to actually enter data here. What am I missing?

Additional Details is a new feature and will add Additional Detail below the ASI & Feats detail (the cell is currently locked when it shouldn't be, corrected in v1.59)

Last edited:

Tozjia

First Post
Good Morning FA, On CSII for the Portable Hole location, this is still reporting weight. Can you please update this to show no weight. Also, not sure if you realized that the locations don't transfer (1.57 --> 1.58).

Thanks again for all of your hard work.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Good Morning FA, On CSII for the Portable Hole location, this is still reporting weight. Can you please update this to show no weight. Also, not sure if you realized that the locations don't transfer (1.57 --> 1.58).

Thanks again for all of your hard work.

Thanks for the feedback Tozjia, for the portable hole I've added this to the weight removal list in v1.58 - where specifically are you have troubles with it being included in the weight calculation?

Yeah, for the transfer I'll fix the issue with the locations not being transferred correctly in v1.59

Last edited:

Tozjia

First Post
Thanks for the feedback Tozjia, for the portable hole I've added this to the weight removal list in v1.58 - where specifically are you have troubles with it being included in the weight calculation?

Yeah, for the transfer I'll fix the issue with the locations not being transferred correctly in v1.59

CSII - Ahhh, nevermind. I see what I did. I was expecting to see the Weight field go to "0". Upon checking again, I see that it does in fact lower the "Total Weight Carried" field at the bottom of the section. That was my bad, sorry about that. Your way makes much more sense. The item still has weight, but the character doesn't feel it.

Thanks!

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Version 1.59 Released

Download here - ForgedAnvil 5E Character Generator and take a moment and rate thisif you like it, thank you!

Updates in this release:
- Corrected Ranger Archetype selection to be at level 3
- Made the feat level gains clearer per character class for multiclass characters
- Corrected transfer tool not transferring location in CSII
- Various bug fixes, spelling corrections and tool enhancements

Use the ForgedAnvil Character Transfer Tool to transfer your current Character to the new version
For translations, the translation file has also been updated to include new text fields

Let me know if you find issues, enjoy!

Last edited:

Sethosayher

First Post
This is an awesome tool, thank you for making this! My only question is if there is an option to add stuff like the explorers or dungeneers pack to a character - if so, I can't find it.

sdt

First Post
First of all, fantastic work on your spreadsheet. However, a major problem I have is that much of the print is too small for me too read (I'm old.) Is there a way to alter the page layout?

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
This is an awesome tool, thank you for making this! My only question is if there is an option to add stuff like the explorers or dungeneers pack to a character - if so, I can't find it.

Thanks for the feedback! There is no automated way to add the packs but you can add each individual item of the pack in CSII. I've avoided macros for maximum compatibility with other platforms

Remove ads