D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Thanks for responding ForgedAnvil, in answer to your question it was the Backstory section that I was having the most trouble with. However, the other responses gave me the idea to put my characters on a tablet which I hope will solve my problem. And once again, your Character Generator is fantastic and I'm guessing it required major excel skills.

Would you prefer to more lines for the character backstory? The text sizing is the same as most of the sheets (Arial 14), however the Conditions font is small (so it fits okay).

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
I really love the generator as it works very well. My only wish would be the option to add custom classes, there are other classes out there not listed in the PHB that some DM's will allow as long as they aren't over powered. If this option could be added in without much difficulty that would be great.

This is probably the most requested feature ;)

It is also the most complex and challenging feature to implement. To cover every class and subclass option with automation is a massive undertaking. It's not impossible but would require a significant amount of resource and time (probably as much effort as implementing the tool as you see it today). This is a hobby for me and will implement official material. Let's see what SCAG brings to our table as there looks to be a lot of new sub classes which will be implemented into the generator once it is released.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Any Chance you could design an Adventurer's League Log page, which will calculate Gold/Silver/Copper, Experience, and other things? I'm getting tired of wasting paper and then losing the log on physical paper.

No plans at this stage, I could add a log page but it would not be able to auto calculate starting gold, XP, #magic items, etc. (though you could use formula for alot of the cells). Let me think about it

dunstvangeet

Explorer
No plans at this stage, I could add a log page but it would not be able to auto calculate starting gold, XP, #magic items, etc. (though you could use formula for alot of the cells). Let me think about it
Just a stylized log sheet would be great. I can play around with the formulas to make it all work, and then get it back to you. I'm not that great on the visual aspects of it, making it all cohesive.

brooksgbanks

Explorer
ForgedAnvil, in playing around with Custom tab, Race, on v 1.59, I notice that it doesn't add the Languages info to the Start sheet like it does for standard races such as Half-Elf.

AslanC

Explorer
My players are raving about this XL generator, but I can't check it out :(

My Mac Excel 2011 freaks out of the macros and when I let it enable them it crashes.

Has anyone else had this problem? Anyone know of a fix?

Thanks in advance.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
My players are raving about this XL generator, but I can't check it out :(

My Mac Excel 2011 freaks out of the macros and when I let it enable them it crashes.

Has anyone else had this problem? Anyone know of a fix?

Thanks in advance.

Awesome your players are raving about this tool, let's see if we can get you back in the game...

There is only a very basic macro for reset and a little more advanced one for translation. For now if you want to check out the generator don't enable macros and all should work fine.

My recommendations to troubleshoot are:

1. Ensure you have the latest updates for Office installed (latest seems to be 14.5.5)
- Try opening the file after installation, if fails try steps below
2. Do a full Office installation repair (or online repair). Hopefully this functionality is available on MacOS (in Windows it is under Uninstall > right click choose repair > choose Online repair
3. Check the error code(s) if it shows an error, this may indicate the source of the issue - it is possible to check the Microsoft Knowledge Base to find a possible solution (example)

See if this helps

Last edited:

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
ForgedAnvil, in playing around with Custom tab, Race, on v 1.59, I notice that it doesn't add the Languages info to the Start sheet like it does for standard races such as Half-Elf.

Thanks for the feedback. Hmmm, it is designed to do so - I'll check it out and see if there is an issue. If you have any specifics on which Race (1, 2 or 3) and the details you entered that might help out. Cheers

UPDATE: Found the issue and fixed for v1.60

Last edited:

brooksgbanks

Explorer
Thanks for the feedback. Hmmm, it is designed to do so - I'll check it out and see if there is an issue. If you have any specifics on which Race (1, 2 or 3) and the details you entered that might help out. Cheers

I was using Race 1. Also, if you add Tools, it won't put that in the Start sheet details box, either. Another thing, when you do stat mods, and you select anything in the additional column (without selecting a fixed ability) it puts a comma in front of the list. If you do select a fixed ability and then additional ones, it puts 2 commas between the fixed and additional.

The details I entered are the same as for Half-elf. I was testing the custom race tab to see what needed to go where in what fashion.

Remove ads