D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Heya ForgedAnvil:

First off my usual "please, please, please come up with a way to add custom classes. :)

Second, is there any way to add a conditional 2nd page to Character sheet II? What I am talking about is something similar to Character sheet III where if you have too many spells for one sheet, it adds a second sheet. When playing multi class characters, one sheet fills up quickly, so it would be nice for it to continue on to a 2nd or even a 3rd sheet if necessary. By the way, I am talking about the information displayed on the right hand side of the page.
In addition, you might consider adding two columns on the left hand side (or even just one), but each column would be a single merged cell. This would allow for the copy/pasting of text data without having to split it on a line to line basis. It would make life much easier for copy/pasting things like magic item descriptions.

Third, concerning the Character Summary page I have two requests:
1) Concerning the spell list, would it be possible to either underline or make bold the spell names in the list. It would make finding spells in the list much easier. If you make the spell names both bold and underlined even better;
2) Like my second request above, you conditionally expand at least a 2nd page? Multi-classing takes up a lot of space. :)

Thanks for the feedback

1st Custom classes would be awesome I agree, but I don't have the resources to implement it!
2nd You can show and hide elements of the Race, Background, Class & Feats detail in the Start Sheet. For example you could hide Feats detail, then add your own sheet and use the formula =CharacterFeatDetails to show your feats in a separate area. I've avoided using too many merged cells for free text entry as the sheet is also designed for pen and paper.
3rd I've got some ideas on this, possibly implement in the next version but requires a bit of work. For expanding the summary page recommend using the show / hide options to minimize details that you need to focus on (like remove your Race and Background then use the Additional Detail section to make some comments to summarize these or just leave them off)

tukuiPat

First Post
At the moment I just use ALT+Enter to go to the next line when editing a cell. You can use a simple "-" to create bullet points or a fancier one if you like. I could split that section up into several cells where each cell would have a specific bullet point automatically added

thanks for the tip, will make things a lot easier to do.

dunstvangeet

Explorer
One bug report. On the Adventurer's Sheet, the Adventure Notes / Downtime Activity is protected, and not writable (or is this imported from somewhere else?

Mergon

First Post
Thanks for the feedback

1st Custom classes would be awesome I agree, but I don't have the resources to implement it!
2nd You can show and hide elements of the Race, Background, Class & Feats detail in the Start Sheet. For example you could hide Feats detail, then add your own sheet and use the formula =CharacterFeatDetails to show your feats in a separate area. I've avoided using too many merged cells for free text entry as the sheet is also designed for pen and paper.
3rd I've got some ideas on this, possibly implement in the next version but requires a bit of work. For expanding the summary page recommend using the show / hide options to minimize details that you need to focus on (like remove your Race and Background then use the Additional Detail section to make some comments to summarize these or just leave them off)

2nd: The problem with that is the players want all the data you say can be hidden. Most of them don't play off a laptop like I and a few others do, so they want to print out all the details concerning their character. If it can be added as another page below Character Sheet II that only appears if needed (for print purposes I mean) I'd greatly appreciate it, other users in this forum would also probably appreciate it and, unfortunately, the biggest, smelliest, fattest male player in my group would probably want to have your love child <barf>. . . :) [He has 3 classes . . .]

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
One bug report. On the Adventurer's Sheet, the Adventure Notes / Downtime Activity is protected, and not writable (or is this imported from somewhere else?

Good feedback. Bug, will fix and release again but no version change

UPDATE: New upload is now live, same version

Last edited:

flwad

Explorer
As usual, you amaze with your effort. Small point. I was loading out my Horse in the Possession Not on Person section and the location list does not include Horse. I would suggest listing as 'Mount' to allow for other types. Also, you may want to include "Familiar" as a location. As always, thanks for your attention, and please know that while the masses remain silent, they are basking in your awesomeness. But seriously, my group includes some IT professionals who have been playing for a long time, and I started with three little pamphlets. We all appreciate your work, and although I am the only one commenting, they are all impressed with your work and use it. Have a beer on us.

Kiax

Villager
Awesome work!
Thank you for the adventures league log tab. It works well. However the transfer tool is not copying this information.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Awesome work!
Thank you for the adventures league log tab. It works well. However the transfer tool is not copying this information.

Thanks for the awesome note. Yes, no transfer yet. planned for next version! (wasn't designed to transfer from 1.60 to 1.60)

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
As usual, you amaze with your effort. Small point. I was loading out my Horse in the Possession Not on Person section and the location list does not include Horse. I would suggest listing as 'Mount' to allow for other types. Also, you may want to include "Familiar" as a location. As always, thanks for your attention, and please know that while the masses remain silent, they are basking in your awesomeness. But seriously, my group includes some IT professionals who have been playing for a long time, and I started with three little pamphlets. We all appreciate your work, and although I am the only one commenting, they are all impressed with your work and use it. Have a beer on us.

Hey flwad, thanks for the great comments from you and your group, it is fantastic to hear that you guys are having loads of fun and enjoying playing the game with the character generator.

No problem to add the mount and familiar in the drop down list in the next version, though it doesn't stop you to type any location into a cell today. the list is there to allow a selection of the most common things but if there is a location that's not in the list you can type any free text in. :)

Thanks for the beer, indeed good timing for the weekend - here's cheers!

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
2nd: The problem with that is the players want all the data you say can be hidden. Most of them don't play off a laptop like I and a few others do, so they want to print out all the details concerning their character. If it can be added as another page below Character Sheet II that only appears if needed (for print purposes I mean) I'd greatly appreciate it, other users in this forum would also probably appreciate it and, unfortunately, the biggest, smelliest, fattest male player in my group would probably want to have your love child <barf>. . . :) [He has 3 classes . . .]

Hey Mergon, thanks for the feedback - love children are certainly not a convincing argument to implement features!

Just to clarify, what combinations of classes (including levels) are causing issues with space limitations on CSII? I'd like to have a look into more detail. I understand the info is needed, but the suggestion offered doesn't reduce the information but moves that detail to another sheet created by the user. The feats example achieves moving that detail from CSII (only focusing on Race, Background and Class(es). Feats detail would be detailed on a new sheet designed by the player (by adding a new sheet and typing in a cell =CharacterFeatDetail - merge the cells as required and design it as you like

Remove ads