• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Okay, another question.

I created a blank character sheet with cntrl+shft+S.

I created a 3rd level cleric with Tempest Domain.

I attached a screenshot of the spell selection screen. Two questions:

It shows in red letter text, "Select your spells - 2 remaining" for 3rd, 4th and 5th level spells. That should not apply for a 3rd level cleric.

Minor point for sure. Love the spreadsheet. Thanks.

Correct, this is a bug that's fixed in v1.61. it should only show the red text for domain/oath/circle spells when they become available for the level requirement

If you like, you should be able to sort your spells by name by highlighting the spells column only (not the prepared) and go the the sort menu in the ribbon and sort A to Z. If you do this you'll need to redo your prepared spells. Some find it easier to read if spells are alphabetically ordered

Last edited:

jdavis1979

First Post
With IOS I cannot seem to fit the page to screen, i always have to scroll through it. Is there any way to fit the individual worksheets to maximize or minimize to screen?

kaernunnos

Villager
So here's an initial layout and some of the things that you will be able to customise.

- A subclass is dependent on the base class for features and the level they are gained
- For each subclass "feature" a level requirement is needed and in some cases details or a dropdown selection is provided.
- Bonus spells (e.g. Domain, Oath etc.) are assigned by the base class - for example if you're a cleric, they will be domain spells, if you're a paladin they will be oath spells etc.
- Weapon proficiencies are assigned a single level requirement for all selected
- Armor proficiencies are assigned a single level requirement for all selected

Any comments on other stuff that's not shown below are very welcomed. Can't guarantee they'll be implemented but it'd be good to hear feedback during the development stage.

It's coming along pretty well - still some major work to go.

View attachment 71364

Sweet, you are working on this. Came to ask for this, and to see if Sword Coast AG was being added. I'll just wait patiently then.

Mothraax

Villager
I've just moved all my PCs to your sheet and I'm quite happy with them.

The only bugs I've found are that my level 5 Cleric is able to prepare 16 spells with his 20 (+5) wisdom. I believe the rules are Cleric level + Wisdom modifier, unless I'm mistaken. It seems to be just using the spell save DC which is the same.

Anyway, keep up the great work! I look forward to future patches!

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
I've just moved all my PCs to your sheet and I'm quite happy with them.

The only bugs I've found are that my level 5 Cleric is able to prepare 16 spells with his 20 (+5) wisdom. I believe the rules are Cleric level + Wisdom modifier, unless I'm mistaken. It seems to be just using the spell save DC which is the same.

Anyway, keep up the great work! I look forward to future patches!

Awesome to hear you're happy with the generator. The preparation includes the domain spells for each spell level (2) which are always prepared.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
With IOS I cannot seem to fit the page to screen, i always have to scroll through it. Is there any way to fit the individual worksheets to maximize or minimize to screen?

Usually I zoom to a certain level to fit the width of the character sheet to the screen size and scroll from there (pinch to zoom should work). On an Surface Pro 3 running Excel Mobile (same as iOS) I can fit it to one page (75% zoom) though the text is gets a little small but I readable for me.

ThatRoo

First Post
So here's an initial layout and some of the things that you will be able to customise.

- A subclass is dependent on the base class for features and the level they are gained
- For each subclass "feature" a level requirement is needed and in some cases details or a dropdown selection is provided.
- Bonus spells (e.g. Domain, Oath etc.) are assigned by the base class - for example if you're a cleric, they will be domain spells, if you're a paladin they will be oath spells etc.
- Weapon proficiencies are assigned a single level requirement for all selected
- Armor proficiencies are assigned a single level requirement for all selected

Any comments on other stuff that's not shown below are very welcomed. Can't guarantee they'll be implemented but it'd be good to hear feedback during the development stage.

It's coming along pretty well - still some major work to go.

View attachment 71364

My body is so ready for this. You are getting such a fat donation from my group when this hits.

basilforth

Explorer
Again, love the spreadsheet. Small request.... For us old dudes with poor eyesight.

Perhaps make a tab with a character sheet with larger print.

I played around with the character summary tab. Changed the margins and % of the print preview. Came up with the attached image.

It is a nice size to print and read, but it is 9 pages, with only 3 pages of information.

Attachments

• Capture 2.PNG
    Capture 2.PNG
    98.9 KB · Views: 240

Remove ads