• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Hi!

Is it possible to modify some of the Data? While I myselves use HeroLab the other people in our group prefer to use "non-HeroLab" (they don't like how Hero Lab looks and how the GUI works) and ForgedAnvil generator would be really nice for them. The problem: We have two houserules which I could not find out if they are possible with this generator (maybe not?)

1. We have a different set of skills, is it possible to replace/rename skills in the generator ?
(History, Medicine, Religion merged into knowledge - the Stat modifier is only the default one and for us in specific rolls it is possible to have the skill operate with a different stat,
for example Knowledge on a Medicine issue is Wis, while on a History issue is Int. Performance is merged into Persuasion. Animal Handling, Nature and Survival are merged into Nature.
Investigation is merged into Perception.
So I would look for is to modify the default skill selection list, and the choices for various classes using them. Is this possible to do? Seemed the stuff in question is not editable or I just
did not find the right place to edit it.
2. Backgrounds only give one skill for us, but it is free choice

(If you wonder how I did this with Hero Lab - I don't use the released one, but a dataset I built myselves, still from the time when Hero Lab did not support 5e ^^)

(Reason for the houseruling was to make all skills equally "interesting" by giving weaker skills like Religion or Performance some other stuff together.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Steffen

1. Not supported on the Start sheet. Though you can Design Your Own (DYO) sheet. Edit CSI (unprotect it, no password) and rename the skills however you want. The calculations for the automation will be the same though.

2. You can create custom backgrounds (refer to the Custom sheet) to do this and only choose from those.

Hakon Blum

First Post
I am beginning to see the issue. In "Unearthed Arcana - Light, Dark, Underdark" released by Wizards, the Warlock patron "Undying Light" gives you 2 additional cantrips "Light & Sacred Flame". If you look at the "Otherworldly Patron" selection area of Forge's Character sheet you do not see the patron "Undying Light", you just see "Undying". Those 2 patrons are completely different and have completely different features.

Compare Forge's "Undying" to the "Undying Light" found in Unearthed Arcana - Light, Dark, Underdark, I am sure you will see the difference. You just misread.

Dannyboy

this

P0IS0N

First Post
Download here >> ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Hopefully fixed the spell issues in this build! From this build forward the import of the Adventurers Log should work (e.g. importing from build 10 to 11 will work, but not 9 to 10)

As always have fun!

Cheers
ForgedAnvil

Show your support, buy me a beer with
PayPal

Download the community FAQ here >>ForgedAnvil’s D&D 5E Character Generator v2.00 FAQ / Instructions for Use. Thanks to flwad
Take a moment and rate thisif you like it, thank you!
Thanks so much for your dedication, man.
You rolled out 3 updates in such a short amount of time.
Have a beer (or more) on me!
Cheers!

MagicSN

First Post
1. Not supported on the Start sheet. Though you can Design Your Own (DYO) sheet. Edit CSI (unprotect it, no password) and rename the skills however you want. The calculations for the automation will be the same though.

2. You can create custom backgrounds (refer to the Custom sheet) to do this and only choose from those.

Thanks for the answer. As to this "Design your own" I can copy the existing Start Sheet as the custom one and just modify what I want? What tool do I use for Editing CSI? Good on the backgrounds, thanks!

Best regards,
Steffen

woodja

First Post
he gained 4 cantrips at 2nd level not 2
2 from warlock
2 extra because he is an undying light warlock

Undying Light is an Unearthed Arcana Patron, so is not included in the sheet, however it can be added to the Custom page fairly easily. The Undying patron is from SCAG and is therefore included (which adds the Spare the Dying cantrip so would give him 10 cantrips total.

Notwithstanding the above, his actual question was is the sheet now capable of displaying more than 6 cantrips.

woodja

First Post
Currently the character Portrait doesn't import yet, moving forward from build 10 the Adventurers Log will be able to import (added the named variables)

Forged - as a matter of interest, how will this work if I have more than one Log sheet? I have a tendency to be verbose (or least I was towards the start of the campaign) so currently have 3 sheets of Logs. Will the import tool be able to import all the sheets or will I need to manually copy the additional sheets?

woodja

First Post
Found an odd bug last night. Imported my bard into beta 7 from 6, all went nice and smoothly until I then went to manually copy the Adventurers Log page across. I have done this in the past with previous builds no problem, however with 7 it is also trying to copy across every single formula from the workbook. As the formula names are the same in each spreadsheet, I got a ton of confirmation boxes

View attachment 78732

Try this workaround, from the worksheet to be copied from, right click the worksheet tab and choose Move or Copy, Select the workbook that you will copy it too and check the create a copy checkbox. click ok. Now to clean up the names by going to Formulas > Name Manager and sort by Refers To. (click the column header), quickly scroll through the name and you should find a few c:\directory\filename references, highlight all of them and click the delete button. They'll now use the sheet reference of the named ranges. It'd be a nice Excel feature to add, Yes to All button for all named ranges. :)

A bit slow I know, however I can confirm that this bug no longer exists from beta 8 onwards

Hakon Blum

First Post
I take it from your "this" comment you agree with my analysis?

oh i see what your saying, no i didn't use undying, i used the custom data section to make the undying light patron which gives 2 extra cantrips on top of the basic 2 you get from lock.

i was just saying this, in agreement that undying light is different to undying

Remove ads