• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Conandar

Explorer
Feat(ure) Request ;']
Custom feats.

For the most part, a custom feat can be implemented manually. For feat features that are not covered by using the overrides on the start page, you will just need to note those features in other places. The additional active features, additional ability features and even the notes area on CSIV and CSV can be used for this purpose. These would be no worse than using a pen-and-paper character sheet. I do not believe that ForgedAnvil's generator will ever handle everything or automate everything, but the parts that it doesn't automate usually have a way to handle the desired changes.

I really wish I were the programmer that I used to be years ago. There are so many little ideas trickling around my head. One of them is to design and implement a database back-end that would make this generator more flexible - more than it already is, that is.

futrtrubl

Explorer
To Conandar, yup and I have done so for a good long while. However...

Dannyboy7702, no more than any of the other custom sections already made. Just 4 parts would be all that's really needed:

Ability bonus, because many feats give a +1 to an ability.
Description, to be put in Race, Background, Class and Feats section of CS IV.
Active features to be put in that section.
And passive features to be put in ability features.

Yes, everything else you have to add elsewhere, but there are many custom races, subclasses etc that need that too already. Any other parts he might would of course be nice eg proficiencies, resistances, saves.
It's not complete, but neither is any other custom section nor could they be. But this allows much better organisation and covers most of the situations with feats while being relatively easy to implement.

And before anyone gets themselves in a huff, it's not like I'm demanding this feature be implemented or asking for UA material to be built in ;'] I'm just proposing a feature request. People have done so before and some have been implemented. I'm putting forward the benefits as I see them and for ForgedAnvil to judge them and weigh them against their difficulty. That's not to say other's can't criticize of course, but constructively.

flwad

Explorer
To Conandar, yup and I have done so for a good long while. However...

Dannyboy7702, no more than any of the other custom sections already made. Just 4 parts would be all that's really needed:

Ability bonus, because many feats give a +1 to an ability.
Description, to be put in Race, Background, Class and Feats section of CS IV.
Active features to be put in that section.
And passive features to be put in ability features.

Yes, everything else you have to add elsewhere, but there are many custom races, subclasses etc that need that too already. Any other parts he might would of course be nice eg proficiencies, resistances, saves.
It's not complete, but neither is any other custom section nor could they be. But this allows much better organisation and covers most of the situations with feats while being relatively easy to implement.

And before anyone gets themselves in a huff, it's not like I'm demanding this feature be implemented or asking for UA material to be built in ;'] I'm just proposing a feature request. People have done so before and some have been implemented. I'm putting forward the benefits as I see them and for ForgedAnvil to judge them and weigh them against their difficulty. That's not to say other's can't criticize of course, but constructively.

Thank you for making a respectful request/suggestion. Given the general tone of most of the 'requests' of late, it is good to see some civility & maturity. If you think you have a good idea on how to do this, PM Forged and volunteer.

stirfry213

First Post
Life Cleric Healing Bonus

ForgedAnvil, is it possible to have the healing spells add the bonus healing a life Cleric gets automatically?

Right now Cure Wounds just says 1d8+3 (+wis modifier). It should be 1d8 +6 (+wis mod, +2, +spell level)

Mordrek

First Post
hi not sure if this has been covered, but when you are a dual spell caster, it is hard to identify which spells are from which class. yes some of them are easy to recognise, but some times they are not. i will put in an example: sorcerer (favoured soul) cleric (life) 4/2 chr 16, wis 14.
there is no way of knowing which cleric spells are sorcerer or cleric.
a simple way would be to allow the formatting to change the colour of cells and manually select. but this is not an option.

Bugzy

First Post
Paladin 14th level feature: cleansing touch. It says correctly on the description list, that it has max uses equal to CHA mod. Nonetheless, it says 0 uses in the feature column list on the Character sheet page 1.

hi not sure if this has been covered, but when you are a dual spell caster, it is hard to identify which spells are from which class. yes some of them are easy to recognise, but some times they are not. i will put in an example: sorcerer (favoured soul) cleric (life) 4/2 chr 16, wis 14.
there is no way of knowing which cleric spells are sorcerer or cleric.
a simple way would be to allow the formatting to change the colour of cells and manually select. but this is not an option.

In v2.24, on CSIII, there is a small subscript before the name of each spell. The same subscript is found in the top left corner before each of the classes. These numbers correspond to the class-list each spell is on.
Using a font color as well is an interesting idea but I believe it would require some restructuring on the spellcasting tab to allow for the input.

OK, the quote is a bit old, but the most relevant I could find... Using the most recent version (2.24) I figured out how to get the sheet to calculate the weight of a dropped backpack (set Dropped Backpack quantity to "1" and it adds negative weight of sum of "backpack" items in list). All nice and slick... BUT, it only works when you are working with a live on-line sheet, and is not usable if you are printing and using pen-and-paper during your gaming sessions.

Is there some way to calculate and display the weight of the loaded backpack, even if it is not yet dropped? That would allow pen-and-paper users who print their char to just do a manual calculation...

Added fixed backpack weight field to v2.25

Last edited:

Remove ads