• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

dunstvangeet

Explorer
NEW SUGGESTED FEATURE - Off-hand attack.

For two-weapon fighting, it would be nice to have a separate dmg calculation on the attacks for off-hand attacks for light melee weapons.

Formula that I've figured out for the damage override to correctly calculate the off-hand attack. This would probably need to be modified to correctly calculate it if we're implementing it into the attack section of the sheet.
=Attack1dmgdice&IF(OR(FightingStyleTwoWeapon,IF(Attack1propsfinesse="finesse",MAX(STRMod,DEXMod),STRMod)<0),Attack1damage,TEXT(Attack1damage-IF(Attack1propsfinesse="finesse",MAX(STRMod,DEXMod),STRMod),"+0;-0;"))

That formula only implements dexerity (since that's what I was testing it with). Would need to get a bit more complicated to truly work in all situations.

I think I've got the formula here (this implements fighting style two-weapon fighting).

=Attack1dmgdice&IF(OR(FightingStyleTwoWeapon,IF(Attack1propsfinesse="finesse",MAX(STRMod,DEXMod),STRMod)<0),Attack1damage,TEXT(Attack1damage-DEXMod,"+0;-0;"))

It would be nice if this would be implemented.

Last edited:

NEW SUGGESTED FEATURE - Off-hand attack.

For two-weapon fighting, it would be nice to have a separate dmg calculation on the attacks for off-hand attacks for light melee weapons.

Formula that I've figured out for the damage override to correctly calculate the off-hand attack. This would probably need to be modified to correctly calculate it if we're implementing it into the attack section of the sheet.
=Attack1dmgdice&IF(OR(FightingStyleTwoWeapon,IF(Attack1propsfinesse="finesse",MAX(STRMod,DEXMod),STRMod)<0),Attack1damage,TEXT(Attack1damage-IF(Attack1propsfinesse="finesse",MAX(STRMod,DEXMod),STRMod),"+0;-0;"))

That formula only implements dexerity (since that's what I was testing it with). Would need to get a bit more complicated to truly work in all situations.

I think I've got the formula here (this implements fighting style two-weapon fighting).

=Attack1dmgdice&IF(OR(FightingStyleTwoWeapon,IF(Attack1propsfinesse="finesse",MAX(STRMod,DEXMod),STRMod)<0),Attack1damage,TEXT(Attack1damage-DEXMod,"+0;-0;"))

It would be nice if this would be implemented.
When is the offhand attack not just the normal attack minus the str/Dex mod? Besides the twf fighting style.

smbakeresq

Explorer
Because the character generator doesn't automatically support magical items that require changes beyond listing it on CSII, except the most basic magic weapons and armor, they can be a bit messy to work with. A different ability score? Some changes can be dealt with using Start page overrides, and there are a few overrides on the Spellcasting page, as well. There are even a few magic items that just have to be noted somewhere, like an item that makes you grown a full beard every day, or one that changes a stat for only certain targets (+2 Charisma when dealing with dwarves, for example) - there is no way to note that on the Start sheet!

Lets say that we have a magic Longsword with a +1 to hit and damage, but against goblins that was doubled to +2. One way to deal with it would use two weapon slots on the Start page, one for the normal +1 and the other for the +2 for the special case. I would then override the name to something like "Longsword +2 (vs. Goblins)" If that same sword also glows blue if any goblins are within 60 feet of the sword, there is no place on the Start sheet to note that and instead I would make a note on CSIV or CSV about this effect.

Actually there is, its under the "Additional Active Features" portion of the sheet. It will populate through everything.

Grendelmoe

First Post
The Arcane Archer is not given any cantrips so you have to choose which one you want on the left and then force it into the cantrips, giving you 1 of 0, to get it on the spell sheet.

Conandar

Explorer
Actually there is, its under the "Additional Active Features" portion of the sheet. It will populate through everything.

Since you quoted the whole post, I am going to assume that you are referring to the "glows blue" part. I suppose it could if you consider the glow an active or ability feature. I am referring to version 2.27, so if something on the start page has changed on the beta, I don't know anything about it. Honestly, though, the space available for adding stuff on CSI is rather limited, so I would be hesitant to add the more "fluffy" things there.

dunstvangeet

Explorer
When is the offhand attack not just the normal attack minus the str/Dex mod? Besides the twf fighting style.
There's a couple of things. First off, the pertentant text that needed the modification is: "You don’t add your ability modifier to the damage of the bonus attack, unless that modifier is negative."

So, if your STR/DEX modifier is below 0, you still add in the STR/DEX modifier into the damage.

smbakeresq

Explorer
Since you quoted the whole post, I am going to assume that you are referring to the "glows blue" part. I suppose it could if you consider the glow an active or ability feature. I am referring to version 2.27, so if something on the start page has changed on the beta, I don't know anything about it. Honestly, though, the space available for adding stuff on CSI is rather limited, so I would be hesitant to add the more "fluffy" things there.

I am on version 2.27, and yeah, the whole start page lower right corner starting with Active features, there is a bunch of stuff there. Additional Details can handle stuff in a list form using the carriage return.

Remove ads